Detectors for kids?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

widgeon2016

May 5, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal detector for kids

Hi all,
I want to buy a MD for my nephew, he is 6. Does anybody have any experience with detectors of that quality?
Jim

metal detectors for kids on the website (detectorall.com)are ok ?i don't know ,but it seems hot ?

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The website to which you refer is a Chinese counterfeit and knockoff outfit. If you receive the merchandise, chances of it actually working are pretty low.

The lowest price metal detector that's designed for kids and actually works well enough to be useful, is the Bounty Hunter Junior which is carried by some forum sponsors and is also sold at many retail locations throughout the USA. It'll usually run you from $50 to $80 depending on where and when. I designed the electronics as a major revision of what was originally (I'm told) a George Payne design, so although small and low cost, it's the real thing. They're manufactured in China under contract to our specifications, and we sometimes make them here in the USA as well if there's a rush order that can't be filled fast enough by our contract company in China. The box will say where it's made, but it's the same specification either way.

--Dave J.

PixySnot

Tenderfoot
May 17, 2015
Omaha, NE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the Bounty Hunter Tracker IV at Hobby Lobby with their coupon they always have posted on their website. I think it's 20% off an item. Found all kinds of random nonsense at the beach the first time we took it out, with no real idea what we were doing. I think with the coupon it was $80, IIRC.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread