Detectors for kids?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tesoro Compadre - A QUALITY turn-on-and-go machine. Tough as nails and light weight!

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I second the Tesoro Compadre.
He's already to old for an Ace. :laughing7:

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No doubt about it ! Tesoro Compadre

OP
OP
T

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all

Jim

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My 4 year old loves to go out with me & thinks the deus xp is his cuz it can be adjusted to his size lol. I agree though the compadre would be nice easy to use & good all around machine

ForumRunner_20131118_155113.png

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Compadre is fine as long as you don't run into any emi. Since it doesn't have any sensitivity adjustment, the detector can be all but worthless in some areas. One of the worst detector purchases I've made.
Brand loyals will recommend it regardless!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont have one myself just heard decent about it easy to use for a first I think id recomend that & probly the Fisher f2

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
1942 Mercury Dime.jpg My grandson pulled a Mercury dime out of my backyard in 5 minutes using a cheap Bounty Hunter. The small kid's unit you find at Radio Shack or Walmart! The BH are coin finders!

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I dont have one myself just heard decent about it easy to use for a first I think id recomend that & probly the Fisher f2

Hard to beat an F2 for the money. Easily worth the extra $40 or so bucks over the Compadre.

Red Snapper

Jul 9, 2013
MA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Fisher pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my BH! Very easy to use and learn! Also fast recovery.

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fella,
ever looked at some of the detectors those that recommended the Compadre have. If you think there is a better detector recommend it. Even state that you didn't like the compadre you had, but no need to say it is recommended just because someone is brand loyal. Simply put, it is being condescending to other members who are simply giving their honest opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Oh , thought I would edit and agree with the F2

Last edited:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
fella,
ever looked at some of the detectors those that recommended the Compadre have. If you think there is a better detector recommend it. Even state that you didn't like the compadre you had, but no need to say it is recommended just because someone is brand loyal. Simply put, it is being condescending to other members who are simply giving their honest opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Oh , thought I would edit and agree with the F2

Didn't say it was recommended only by brand loyals, just that brand loyals WOULD recommend it. Interpret it the way you want. My statements stands.
Nice save on the edit though!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ......... Thanks for the PM. You were right. LMAO

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
toe2short,
Do you have a budget in mind on it? I have talked to several friends who use the Cibola and say it is super simple and will hunt with some of the high end detectors in trash and gets great depth. I have been thinking about one as a back-up/loaner but a good bit more expensive than the others mentioned at $361 and change.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fella, you are the only I have ever heard having EMI issues with the Compadre. If it didn't work for you I understand that. As far as simple and effective go in book though I would say Compadre. Never used a F2 but if you read the forums they are well liked and effective also.

OP
OP
T

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hard to beat an F2 for the money. Easily worth the extra $40 or so bucks over the Compadre.

Thank you all, I happened to see the Bounty Hunter Jr. I paid$ 48 a little more then christo000. I have two more nephews, I know they will want one to. By the time I get all the accessory that they will need, I might have to come out of retirement. Thanks fellas.
Jim

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
toe2short,

U da man. Wonderful thing to do for them.:icon_thumleft:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all, I happened to see the Bounty Hunter Jr. I paid$ 48 a little more then christo000. I have two more nephews, I know they will want one to. By the time I get all the accessory that they will need, I might have to come out of retirement. Thanks fellas.
Jim

Hey just curious what does that mean a little more then me, I saw it but didn't understand it

OP
OP
T

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Christo000,
You said it cost $40, I paid $48