Buying used

Sandigger2

Mar 25, 2012
Ventura County,So Cal
Detector(s) used
DFX, PIDF,CZ 21,F5,
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Could be a GT aka "Coinmaster". IIRC retail is about $400.00. Decent starter machine.
White's stands by their products with a two year warranty.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I put up a post the other day looking at a Minelab X-Terra 305 I got an email quickly! It was from a "New Member" with 2 posts saying he was a dealer...had ordered 2 of these "and the guy backed out". He would sell me one, new in the box. for $320...not the normal $399. In all my research I've NEVER seen a price like that on a X-Terra 305. Some dealers throw in a bag or cover or other stuff...but never seen someone drop the price of the detector itself below normal advertised price.

Am I missing some "unadvertised deals" .....or does this smell like fish????? I think the fish...week old!
Okie Treasure, That's not necessarily true in all cases. I have a very good friend who had a dealership with Whites. He was in an accident, recieved a concussion and broken bones. Anyway due to slow sales, he lost his dealership. He still has some Whites Detectors. He had to buy the detectors to aquire his dealship, now, he's offering them at HIS cost, just to recoup some of his money. Check out these prices, research them and you'll see what I mean. If you need more details, you're more than welcome to pm me. (Oh, the Minelab is his personal machine.

Minelab GPX 4500 with all the factory things it came with. $3100.00 (obo)

(New) Whites DFX300 for $775.00 (Retails at $1199.95)

(New) Whites Vx3 for $800.00 (Retails at $1199.95)

Rick K

Jan 3, 2007
Gold Canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
ML SDC-2300, Fisher F-75, XP Deus,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought more than 10 detectors on the various forums and from Craigslist. I haven't yet had a bad experience doing so. Most ordinary folks are honest. I pay up front and they ship after they get the money. I wouldn't buy anything that costs more than about $400 this way - that is my limit for risk.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I took a chance on an Excalibur II on ebay with "Buy It Now" from a reputable dealer (with a 100 percent positive FB score!) It has operated perfectly and It's my favorite detector! So sometimes it's a win win situation!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread