Buying used

OP
OP
1dayIwillWalkOnST'sOfGOLD
Apr 17, 2013
No it's someone that lives around here. I'm nervous because people are so dishonest. My son thinks I'm so mean for being leery. I don't know what to do, I know nothing about these detectors and warranty/fixing them. He's 11. Still trying to find gold :0)

Okie Treasure

Nov 24, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1day
Is it for sale on here ? if so probable cool....beware elsewhere.
Gary

When I put up a post the other day looking at a Minelab X-Terra 305 I got an email quickly! It was from a "New Member" with 2 posts saying he was a dealer...had ordered 2 of these "and the guy backed out". He would sell me one, new in the box. for $320...not the normal $399. In all my research I've NEVER seen a price like that on a X-Terra 305. Some dealers throw in a bag or cover or other stuff...but never seen someone drop the price of the detector itself below normal advertised price.

Am I missing some "unadvertised deals" .....or does this smell like fish????? I think the fish...week old!

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
To sell on here you have to be a Charter Member.....and with only 2 post...i would be Leary,and hold off till i knew more.
All though Authorize Dealers have to advertise a set price in adds...out of the public eye they can cut you a deal=money off
Gary

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I put up a post the other day looking at a Minelab X-Terra 305 I got an email quickly! It was from a "New Member" with 2 posts saying he was a dealer...had ordered 2 of these "and the guy backed out". He would sell me one, new in the box. for $320...not the normal $399. In all my research I've NEVER seen a price like that on a X-Terra 305. Some dealers throw in a bag or cover or other stuff...but never seen someone drop the price of the detector itself below normal advertised price.

Am I missing some "unadvertised deals" .....or does this smell like fish????? I think the fish...week old!

If the member is in our Dealer section you can trust him.

My personal opinion, Since Dealers are supposed to go by rules set down by the Manufacturers,
If you get offered a price you can't refuse & they are a Supporting Vendor,
Please keep your deal to yourself & enjoy :laughing7:

IF it is not a supporting Vendor Beware

Okie Treasure

Nov 24, 2013
Tulsa, OK
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To sell on here you have to be a Charter Member.....and with only 2 post...i would be Leary,and hold off till i knew more.
All though Authorize Dealers have to advertise a set price in adds...out of the public eye they can cut you a deal=money off
Gary

Thanks for that valuable piece of info! I'm going to see a dealer this morning who carries 3 or 4 of the major brands. At the very least I'll probably pick up a Garrett Pro Pointer. And maybe a detector...I like to support local small businesses better than mail order in some other place all things being equal.

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I put up a post the other day looking at a Minelab X-Terra 305 I got an email quickly! It was from a "New Member" with 2 posts saying he was a dealer...had ordered 2 of these "and the guy backed out". He would sell me one, new in the box. for $320...not the normal $399. In all my research I've NEVER seen a price like that on a X-Terra 305. Some dealers throw in a bag or cover or other stuff...but never seen someone drop the price of the detector itself below normal advertised price. Am I missing some "unadvertised deals" .....or does this smell like fish????? I think the fish...week old!
Okie,

You can always look at www.Minelab.com And click on where to buy. If he's a authorized dealer, he will be listed there . There are counterfeit Minelab, Garrett, and Teknetics detectors being made overseas.

This sounds like the guys selling speakers out of a van LOL

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A GTX? I'm not familiar with that model.....except in a Plymouth! :laughing7:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've bought a dozen (give or take a couple) of used detectors over the years, mostly off Ebay. I wouldn't bid more than what I felt was a good price even if I had to send one off for repairs and of course I checked out the seller's feedback. Fortunately I didn't ever pick up one needing repair and they all worked as they should so I was lucky that way. New detetors with warranty are nice, but there are a lot of perfectly usable models in the market place and that's a good way to find a higher priced model at a decent price. My two bits.
luvdux

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy new and from a dealer on here. If you have problems, you will have lost money if you have to pay to have it repaired later. Warranty are funny, I do know whites stand on them. Even new machines need sent back every now and than. Check out the detector real good and make sure you get all the extras that came with it. Good luck on what ever you choose.

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I seriously doubt that any company would honor a warranty on a detector unless it was the original owner of the unit.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I seriously doubt that any company would honor a warranty on a detector unless it was the original owner of the unit.

I'm pretty sure you can transfer a Warranty from Minelab.
and there may be another company who does it.
but I'm sure there are certain conditions that must be met.

Floating_Adrift

Oct 10, 2013
Idaho City
Detector(s) used
White's Eagle II, Gold Bug 2, DetectorPro Uniprobe, XP Deus (love it!), Minelab ProFind.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
White's warranties will transfer. All you need to do is call them with the serial number. I recently called them about this when looking at a used V3i.

Just make sure that if there are any problems with the detector that the problems aren't due to anything that might not be covered by the warranty.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im also 90% sure along with minelabe,garrett & whites are transferable warrenties on there machines, also they are the companies to that If you had no more warrenty they will still treta you right with great prices,great work,& great customer service

ToastedWheatie

Jun 30, 2013
Hudson Valley, NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Infinium
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Double check the model.
Possibly white's Mxt, not Gtx.
Or a GTX, just not a White's.

For a White's MXT, $400 could be a fair price, depending on coils.
Just test the machine. Take it out in his yard, around his neighborhood.
New is always better, but not always affordable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread