Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I walk the local indoor mall every day and while walking I keep an eye out for coins and other treasures. In a few winters of doing it I have found a couple pieces of gold, a $100 bill, and a whole lot of clad. Usually find at least a penny every single day.
Also, try the DOWNWIND edges of those large mall parking lots for the folding money. A very real spot to look if no snow or in the spring! TTC

PullTabPete

Jun 14, 2012
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal II E-trac EQ 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Pete I skated for the first time, in 25 years, last year, with the grandkids.......................what the hell was I thinking? lol Used to be a rink rat, still a hockey nut, just old!!

Well I started building rink 12 years ago and pretty much learned to skate then. Started playing hockey in a league 7 years ago(What the hell was I thinking at age 40).
Anyways it is a lot of fun and glad I finally started albiet at little later in life, maybe if I played as kid I could be a mediocre player now.

Set up the rink this weekend and it is still filling up. Looks like it should freeze up this week. Still have to put the boards up, can't wait for my boys to get a little older and let them take care of it.

Pete
rinkfill2013.jpg

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Research and daisychaining all of the pulltabs from summer into a holiday decoration! Ha

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I still have a lot of clad to tumble. I imagine I will pay extra attention to mint marks since I have more time to do so. Before, I was just double checking to make sure it actually WAS clad. May have to go to a hobby store to get a shadow box kit for my first year's finds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have a lot of clad to tumble. I imagine I will pay extra attention to mint marks since I have more time to do so. Before, I was just double checking to make sure it actually WAS clad. May have to go to a hobby store to get a shadow box kit for my first year's finds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yup just started on more boxes myself for the good finds for display in the detector/firearm/car room lol

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You need a change in Longitude my friend. Our season is just getting started. We have cold fronts come through and artics blast and so forth but also many days in the mid 40s to mid 50s which is perfect. You cant hunt everyday here but for the most part when a front is not coming through.

Well, I suppose a change in longitude might help, but I think
a change in latitude might help more. To a more southernly
latitude, that is.

BugsyDiggs

Aug 13, 2013
Ive been doin research (trying).
Being -30 its kinda cold for even being outside.
I'm upgrading my detector with a new 5" coil so I can mess with that some soon. Gonna hit up sliding hills some time and the lot where the town hauls all the snow they remove.
I'm also 1/2 way through a chain mail shirt so that keeps me pretty busy.

image-2793100787.jpg

30,000 links (bang head)
Keep warm out there :)

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been researching locations for next year and some coin roll hunting with pretty good luck! 16 rosies, 14 quarters, 22 war nickels, 16 40% kennedy's, 1 64 Kennedy, and 3 walking liberty's. All in one month! Went through approx. 6500 hundred in coin.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Tnet and going to the historical government web site looking for old parks and places to hunt. NPS.gov. There is one more that doesn't come to mind at this time. Merry christmas

OverKill

Jul 4, 2009
Dunlap , Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As with scouting before Deer season, I'd do the same with MDing.
Luckily i'm in south Tennessee ,and grounds not froze.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you OverKill! I know what you mean I spent way too much on tools and supplies
I do have tone woods for sale if you are ever interested in building though!
Merry Christmas!

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Work more hours, surf the net for detector info, spend the weekends at wrestling tournaments with the kids. Wrestling just started now and will end at the end of April, just when the ground starts thawing.

To quote Jimmy Buffet- "changes in latitude equal changes in attitude!"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread