is there any small metal detectors?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have seen one somewhere a while back that straps to your ankle. when you get a signal it make a single tone. That's kind of weird setup if you ask me. You gotta dig it all. Good luck finding that request.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
XP Deus ... wireless technology ... very lightweight and the control unit looks like an Iphone. Very cool and they are actually very good detectors.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A coin locating/jewelry locating/junk locating type detector, the kind used in cities or for prospecting where there used to be a city, generally look like a detector: a coil, a shaft between the coil and the control box and a control box. Some of them have much smaller control boxes but they all look like metal detectors. The basic models or the models one or two steps above basic can be less bulky IF they do not have a readout screen. The basic Whites and the Basic Tesoro brands might have the smallest boxes, possibly especially the Tesoro's.

There are a few "Pinpointer's" that are really only useful for precisely their name, doing the last little bit of locating the target after the detector has found the target. It would take a year or two to do a 20' x 20' yard with a pinpointer and then their depth of detection is less than a full basic detector. Hope this helps a little..............................63bkpkr

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone's planning a clandestine mission....;)

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a walking stick that has am/fm radio and works with a ear bud. It goes deep and is made by OKM. Its about 13 grand. You could just get a detector that has a small coil, back lite if your doing nite work.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi

I`m planning to buy my very first :) metal detector, and I would like to find something
which is small, and does not look like ordinary metal detector.
Do you have any suggestions?
Thanks a lot
location-Scotland:hello:
Why? would be my first question. 2nd, what are going to search for? 3rd, do you need to be standing to use it? I'm sure I'll have more.....

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why? would be my first question. 2nd, what are going to search for? 3rd, do you need to be standing to use it? I'm sure I'll have more.....

Thats what i was wondering...are you wanting it to be conceled for some reason?

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If your embarrassed to be seen with a MD, find another hobby. If your looking to get into small spaces I will offer my technique when searching crawl spaces, house and out building interiors. I use an Xterra 705. It is very light but for enclosed and tight spaces (under a porch) I remove the 'head' and coil from the wand. I fabricated a wand/handle 18" long from an old wood rake handle to attach to the coil. The head fits in a small bag with straps so I can wear around my neck, waist or shoulder as the need fits. I now have a hand held unit that allows me to access and freedom of movement in enclosed spaces. I have also used this setup to get 'stealthy'. I recently acquired a 6", 3k DD coil for my 705. It's a very efficient setup.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread