New to Metal Detecting!!!! - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: New to Metal Detecting!!!!

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5442 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    but the coil is water proff and up to the box
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

us
    Jun 2012
    MA
    M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
    15316 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Welcome supermon! Oh, just don't let your girlfriend know you know about the detector. I know you won't have to act surprised, cause you too excited now! Enjoy, and HH!

us
    Formerly Mach 1 Pilot

Jul 2008
    Bedford County, PA
    Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
    1167 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hi Supermon-

Welcome to detecting and to Treasurenet! Even if you don't get that detector for Christmas, stop by and hang around - The folks here are all really helpful and you can learn a lot until you do acquire a detector. The search will answer some of those questions, reading a lot of posts will help with some, and for the rest ask away.

You mentioned water hunting.... The best way is to get a waterproof machine, but generally they cost a few more $$$. Like GAP mentioned you can use a standard detector in the water if the coil is waterproof and are able to keep the control box dry- you would just need to be careful not to have an accident.

The most successful hunters will put in lots of research time. In some cases, they will spend more time researching than hunting.... The oldest and most productive spots aren't always obvious. Think about what attracted people to your area in the past... And find those spots.

On the subject of pin pointers- the good ones will sometimes cost as much as your entry level detectors. If you aren't sure you will like this hobby, grab a Centek at Harbor Freight... They run about $15 (even less with the 25% off coupon) and work ok until the button wears out. If you decide to abandon the hobby, you aren't out much. If you decide to stay in, then get the good one...

Hope you get that detector you want for Christmas!

us
    Formerly Mach 1 Pilot

Jul 2008
    Bedford County, PA
    Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
    1167 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by G.A.P.metal View Post
    OOO sorry a good pinpointer is the Garrett Pro Pointer around 127.00 we have vendor`s here you can call Fort Bedford Detectors and talk with Keith the man is great to chat/deal with .
    Gary
    Thank you for the kind words, Gary. I enjoyed our conversation the other night too.

us
    adamintenn

Oct 2012
    Franklin new Hampshire
    Ace 150
    76 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by rook3434 View Post
    Welcome to the hobby. You'll find only straight facts here. No Bull at anytime. Good luck to ya and Merry Christmas.
    Maybe a little joking from time to time...I love when someone gets in a mood. Gets funny fast around here!

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7962 times
    The Truth
    Whatever you do dont tell her about any worthwhile jewelry you find,she'll want it.

us
    its never lost

Mar 2013
    mass North Attleboro
    Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
    809 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Whatever you do dont tell her about any worthwhile jewelry you find,she'll want it.
    Ya i dont know about that, its how i get ad on goodies & tools for the hobby trade the wife some good jewlery she thinks its actually saving more money traded the wife a gold ring got a samson, gave her a Tiffany chain got a set of headphones when I had my v3i to me the stuffs free anyhow least this way she cant complain when im gone for hours on end cuz she knows ill come back with something for her lol good luck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links