Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
.......I never could figure out why some one would want a detector or digger that is ..Camouflage color......... My self i like my equipment ..to be bright colors.... Red .. Orange ... for there have been times i have left them in the woods ... and when i went back to look for them i spotted them right away from a long distance ...If they were Camo i might have never found them......

Upvote 0

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree completely. Bright is good when you forget to pickup your pinpointer or digger.
luvdux

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Do you think it may be because some people wear camo while detecting and the new camo detectors just match the clothes? Myself, I always use bright cable wraps so as to see the detector easier if I happen to walk off for a short time. Very easy to see.

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Maybe you have answered your own question with your signature.

"...Let no one know what,were or when..."

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I always put bright color tape on all my equipment.. I only left different items by accident a few times in 40 years .....BUT i always found them easy.... One time i was home and did not have my digger..... Went back stood on the road at the bottom of the hill it was about 200 ft up the hill in pretty thick woods.......... And i spotted it and went up and got it........ If it had been Camo i don't know if i would have every found it...........

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let's see.....a metal digger lost.......you have a metal detector (that works I presume)..... and you say "if it had been in camo, I don't know if I would have ever found it" . OK, it's time to turn in your detector license and sell off all your gear! :laughing7:

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let's see.....a metal digger lost.......you have a metal detector (that works I presume)..... and you say "if it had been in camo, I don't know if I would have ever found it" . OK, it's time to turn in your detector license and sell off all your gear! :laughing7:

lol!

CladGrabber

Oct 10, 2013
Tulsa Ok
Detector(s) used
AT PRO...Equinox 800...garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I guess you're saying its wrong to camo out my detector, wear a ghillie suit and belly crawl into my favorite hunting spot? LoL

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So I guess you're saying its wrong to camo out my detector, wear a ghillie suit and belly crawl into my favorite hunting spot? LoL
... Wear your camo and do what you want... And i will do what i do...

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
... Da i did not know the detector had to work smart a$$.....

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
No discussion here just a bunch of smart a$$'s

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit I have set my detector down in the desert and then went back for it only to realize it was not there. I run all metal and it eventually drifts and makes noise. This day it went null and wasnt making a peep. A few weeks ago I left my digger and propointer on a bench at the park. Went nad had luch with my wife, and went to another park to hunt. I raced back across town to find a park full of people, and they were still there.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Okay , you spent five trips to your local historic library , you buy topo maps , you talk to oldtimers , you find a small civil war camp in a rural section of your town. Your town has 500 civil war relic hunter living there ( Chattanooga ) . Do you want anyone seeing you coming and going in and out of your camp you just found?

Last edited:

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay , you spent five trips to your local historic library , you buy topo maps , you talk to oldtimers , you find a small civil war camp in a rural section of your town. Your town has 500 civil war relic hunter living there ( Chattanooga ) . Do you want anyone seeing you coming and going in and out of your camp you just found?
My beep machine has a back light for the occasion.

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I admit I have set my detector down in the desert and then went back for it only to realize it was not there. I run all metal and it eventually drifts and makes noise. This day it went null and wasnt making a peep. A few weeks ago I left my digger and propointer on a bench at the park. Went nad had luch with my wife, and went to another park to hunt. I raced back across town to find a park full of people, and they were still there.
... Well you lucked out there .... The problem is when i get in the woods at times i get turned around....And at times back tracking gets hard to get on the same path................ But i do use a compass but i don't have a GPS.......

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... Da i did not know the detector had to work smart a$$.....
At least Fella thought it was funny too! I just thought it was ironic that someone who lost a metallic item and owned a metal detector, wouldn't be able to find said metallic item. Maybe you need to get a different kind of detector.....one that will find a sense of humor! :tongue3:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay, Keppy was only saying he liked his equipment to be easily found if lost. I realize every one wants to have fun but the topic was identification.
My shovel and scoop handles are coated with a bright yellow rubber coating. It's not just to find them if I mislay them, but to discourage them from growing legs.
Frank...
GetAttachment.aspx
Or you could have a 'friend' watch them for you!

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hay, Keppy was only saying he liked his equipment to be easily found if lost. I realize every one wants to have fun but the topic was identification.
My shovel and scoop handles are coated with a bright yellow rubber coating. It's not just to find them if I mislay them, but to discourage them from growing legs.
Frank...
GetAttachment.aspx
Or you could have a 'friend' watch them for you!
.... Well Frankn at lease you and a few others understood what the meaning of this thread was.........

Scanman

Jul 27, 2013
NW MI
Detector(s) used
Cortes, Lobo Super Traq, Golden Umax 2.0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about the Garrett Camo Assault Rifle looking Detector Bag? How's that going to work out for you, when someone calls 911 and reports a man with a Assault Rifle and a large knife at the Tot Lot?

OP
OP
Keppy

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
How about the Garrett Camo Assault Rifle looking Detector Bag? How's that going to work out for you, when someone calls 911 and reports a man with a Assault Rifle and a large knife at the Tot Lot?
... The way things are now a days that could get you shot.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread