How many have you owned ?

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I started a list today of all the Metal Detectors I have owned over the years. I knew that there had been a lot but never really thought about how many. So far my number is 25 !! There may be more that I have just forgotten about. I wish I had the list price off every one of those so I could buy me a better car !!! My latest conclusion is that one of the oldest detectors that I have ever owned may just be the best. I think I will stay with it for a while and save my money !!! So let's hear it .. How many have you owned??
Pesc

Upvote 0

DixieLandMan

Sep 18, 2013
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202, White's MXT, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've owned 4. I now have 3. I traded the one that I do not have. My dad has 1 and we are trying to get it to work. It's an old Falcon from the 1970's.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow...25? I hope you have been detecting for awhile..lol

I just notice the new trend is to buy a machine and sell it or trade it in before people actually learn how to use it.

ME Personally..I have owned 2.....when I upgrade to an Etrac from my ATP...i dont see getting another for 5 years at least

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I owned a Garrett and now an M-6,suits me just fine.

God Bless

Chris

Attachments

• Garrett_VLF_Deep_Seeker.jpg
    Garrett_VLF_Deep_Seeker.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 102

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20 - but did not use them all

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had 3 now have 2. First cheap used no name paid $2 for it at flea market. 1990 got whites 4900 DL Pro, now have M-6 , and love it!

dasabighole

Sep 11, 2006
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
Nautilus / Tesoro/T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hummm? Lets see, 1st an old whites with the box you hung around your neck. 2 Tesoro Silver Sabre +. 3 Tesoro Toltec. 4 Tesoso bandito. 5 Nautilus DMC. 6 Nautilus DMC 2b. 7 Nautilus 2 Ba. 8 Troy Shadow. 9 Tesoro Cebola. 10 T-2 ????? May have missed a few. Thats since 1989.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hummm? Lets see, 1st an old whites with the box you hung around your neck. 2 Tesoro Silver Sabre +. 3 Tesoro Toltec. 4 Tesoso bandito. 5 Nautilus DMC. 6 Nautilus DMC 2b. 7 Nautilus 2 Ba. 8 Troy Shadow. 9 Tesoro Cebola. 10 T-2 ????? May have missed a few. Thats since 1989.[/QUOT

Well,
did they pay you back?

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
10 to date for me here

OP
OP
pescadore

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow...25? I hope you have been detecting for awhile..lol

I just notice the new trend is to buy a machine and sell it or trade it in before people actually learn how to use it.

ME Personally..I have owned 2.....when I upgrade to an Etrac from my ATP...i dont see getting another for 5 years at least

I started metal detecting when my father bought my first one in the 1971 or 72. I have had detectors off and on (mostly on) ever since. I was very proficient with every machine that I owned but some better than others. I agree that it's important to learn the machine that you have but sometimes people just click with certain detectors. I loved most of the detectors that I have owned but just enjoy using new ones and learning a new side to this great hobby.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bounty hunter in the 70s. Since 2007, tiger shark, XLT, F2, Cortes, F70, Xterra 705, AT Pro, Golden Umax, Vaquero.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know.....I can't count that high anymore! I started with my fingers but ran out, then the toes... and ran out again! Currently, I think the count is 13.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I started metal detecting when my father bought my first one in the 1971 or 72. I have had detectors off and on (mostly on) ever since. I was very proficient with every machine that I owned but some better than others. I agree that it's important to learn the machine that you have but sometimes people just click with certain detectors. I loved most of the detectors that I have owned but just enjoy using new ones and learning a new side to this great hobby.

Good you learned quick in life,now,technology,not that it is a bad thing.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DID A RECOUNT - IM AT 25 - BUT LIKE I SAID DID NOT USE THEM ALL
WON A FEW AT TREASURE HUNTS AND HAD 5 STOLEN WITH MY CAR

ATGoldGuy

Mar 12, 2013
Heath, OH
Detector(s) used
AT Gold & AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher 1225, Garrett AT Gold, Garrett AT Pro and now considering a Minelab Etrac, 3030 or Garrett ATX. Because I don't get to do Salt Water that often...I'm thinking the Etrac is step up enough for around here...for now.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
This is going to be fun ! My first machine..well , I actually didn't own it. I rented it for a year ! The dealer knew I was going to buy from him and after I had his Compass Yukon 77 Bravo a few months , he stopped charging me. I'd love to have another. Then I went all out and bought a Garrett Deepseeker with all the LOOPS ! That's right ! We called them LOOPS. And if you know anything about antenna design , then calling a metal detector coil , a loop is perfectly acceptable. Then I bought the wife a Bounty Hunter 840 ,A pretty blue one , and yes it could dig a bullet Then I switched to Fishers. Had a Fisher 553 Delta and a 555 Delta , those detectors were serious no nonsense relic machines. Then Fisher came out with the 1260x. I bought one. Revolutionary but not a good relic machine. I gave it to the wife and used it some for coin hunting. In the meantime Jack Gifford had started a company called Tesoro. My local dealer knew him and when the Tesoro Inca came out , I made the change and have never looked back. After a few great years with the Inca and wore out two Eldorado models. I bought the wife a Silver Sabre just like everybody else did. And my last machine was a Tesoro Bandido II then i got out. I got out because land owners were getting so hateful that I had just had enough. It was the drug plague in rural Tennessee called METH that had landowners up in arms. People were stealing everything that wasn't bolted down and you could not even talk a land owner into letting you hunt. 15 years later I saw the t.v. shows. I said I might give it another try so here I am. I am enjoying the new machines. I will probably end up with n ETrac and an AT Pro but right now enjoying the Tejon , F 2 and ACE 350. Did not mean to tell my life story. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 15

Last edited:

woody_g

Mar 5, 2006
SPRINGTOWN TX
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 1000
so far I have had all garretts a 250, 3-550's,750,1000 powermaster that I still have 1250,1350,1500,and 2 at pros still have 1.thats in about 8 years time.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
3 Whites (CoinMaster Pro, MXT Pro, Vx3)
3 Tesoros (Vaquero, Outlaw, Compadre)
2 Fishers (F2, CZ-3D)
1 XP (Deus)
1 Minelab (E-Trac)
1 Garrett (AT Pro)
1 Radio Shack

Last edited:

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1 Whites- Classic 2 5 Tesoros- Tejon', Vaquero,Cibola, SS & TS 2 Garrett's- Ace 350, ATPro 4 Minelabs- Etrac, Excal2, CTX , Sov GT(miss it dearly)

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread