Winter blues already

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how u feel. I just pulled the batteries outta the safari. Ready for a winter warm spell In Pa.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya!! Ground completely frozen and snow covered here, with more on the way for this weekend. I am fortunate though,, to live one hour away from the saltwater beaches. If it weren't for that I'd surely go bonkers.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel your pain brothers. No snow cover and a solid week of night time temp in the double digits below zero have frozen the ground even deeper than usual for this early in the winter. So desperate to do some detecting I toy with the idea of going in the basement under the house where the ground isn't frozen. :dontknow:

B

BiggusDiggus

Agreed, more like BoredusDiggus lately..We had an ice storm and a few fresh inches of wet heavy snow here in CT over the past few days...So looks like the treasures are sealed up for a bit..I guess its time for more research and google earthing...Wondering how people down south are doing now, if their season gets cut short like up here.. specifically NC, thinking of moving that way Raleigh/Asheville...Anyway, goodluck keep those idle hands busy..HH

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup up here in mass not alot of snow yet heard more coming, ground is frozen bummer,time to Scout áreas, still hit some parks,& deep in the wooded áreas its not as frozen yet the leaves are a nature blanket

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yep 18 degrees here today and I have cabin fever. The ground is frozen enough that it's to hard to dig unless we get a week or so of temps above 40. I keep wanting to pull the trigger on a new detector but if i can't hunt I hate to see it just sit there.

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i think once saw on an old Roadrunner cartoon, an Acme brand super size ground thawing device

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the same way & end up buying a new gun instead cuz I cant detect where I want but my shooting clubs are always open 365 days a year 24/7

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps these will break the ground up a bit
ACME20Earthquake20pills.jpg

jdbeier38

Greenie
Mar 10, 2013
Central IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I work so much that I can only get out once or twice a week. That being said due to weather I haven't hunted in about a month. Now that its 5 degrees I regret not going out every time I had a free moment!

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM WITH YA ALL----EXCEPT BIG WAVE-----0 DEGREES RIGHT NOW

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's finally warming up here and today's high is -23 C (or -9 F) so I better get out and enjoy the beautiful weather!
I think I'll start by burying my head in a snowbank.
:censored:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear ya Perses, I refuse to take my batteries out....yet! If the sun shines and the ground thaws the lest little bit I'm out the door and play'n in the mud!
Big waveDave your on the hook to make some really nice finds to help the rest of us get thru winter!!!
Don't make me come down three and throw snowballs at you, real nice finds!!!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I take comfort in the fact I am not alone, lol. My batteries are still in too, so yesterday I took the dogs up to a reclaimed strip mine for their afternoon walk. On the way back, I didn't give a second thought to pulling in to a graveled parking lot for a youth baseball field that had a thin covering of snow. It was 23 degrees F, probably high teens with wind chill. I got the ATP out and swung till I got my fix( a 1982 Lincoln ). The ground was frozen, so I had to settle for top of the ground targets. I got back in the vehicle and came home, content for a couple more days, lol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh definetly not alone man all mine still charged,still swinging, thats y I got a samson lol

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am going to have to rip up the floorboards this weekend in search of a dropped coin or earring. Then yank out all the baseboard heaters, there might be stuff in there too. Couch cushions, under the stove and fridge, the possibilities are endless...

Ltr113

Mar 3, 2008
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, White's Prizm IV, Bounty Hunter Scout
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, it is tough having 9 months of winter and 3 months of bad ice fishing....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread