Never assume...You might lose something good

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And I mean it. Almost lost this beauty because of it. This past June, I was at a local park when I started to hit the baseball area there for the first time. I went next to a bleacher and got a foil-nickel signal. I swear I found at least ten pieces of foil just before getting to this one. When I dug about 3-4 inches down, I saw something metal, but the dirt and the light messed up what I was seeing. I instantly thought foil again, but as I got it out, I was stunned to find this:
IMG_0451.JPG IMG_0454.JPG
A bracelet with four dolphins on it!!! My first bracelet I might add! At first I thought it was junk, but after looking at it closely, I thought silver but I didn't have any proof (no silver tests or any marks on it). So in November I showed this find to a guy I've known for years and he believes it is silver! I was so happy to hear that!! GL & HH!!!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find! Keep digging those iffy signals.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, but not likely silver. Precious metal jewlery isn't made with open loop chain link.
Look at it closely under a loupe. the dolphins should have 925 stamped on them if silver.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find, but not likely silver. Precious metal jewlery isn't made with open loop chain link.
Look at it closely under a loupe. the dolphins should have 925 stamped on them if silver.
Absolutely untrue. Precious metal jewelry is made in all types of link styles, this rolo link bracelet is no exception. Try not to spread false information please.

krymesolvr93- Here is a similar bracelet, the clasp is marked 925 Italy.-

$_57.JPG

OP
OP
krymesolvr93

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diggummup, you have no idea how much time and effort I put into to find something similar to this bracelet but I couldn't find it. You, on the other hand, got it! :icon_thumright: I heard that if it said 925 Italy, it is not silver, is that true by any chance? ???

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup, you have no idea how much time and effort I put into to find something similar to this bracelet but I couldn't find it. You, on the other hand, got it! :icon_thumright: I heard that if it said 925 Italy, it is not silver, is that true by any chance? ???
I have seen fake italy 925 and also fake italy 14k but most of the time it's real in my personal experience. I think your probably safe on that bracelet especially since it came out of the ground and still looks that good. I've been on a jewelry buying kick for the last year or so and buy up as much as I can, so I deal with it quite a bit. Here is what I bought last weekend, 1st pic all sterling/turquoise Navajo, 2nd pic - Gumps 14k bead and other 14k clasped beaded necklaces as well as a 10k ring and a few more pieces of sterling and gold fill-

DSC05757.jpg DSC05760.jpg

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
The Italians brought us the Italian Chains! Most likely Good! I was a manufacturing Jeweler for 20 years!

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope you misunderstand and aren't just dense. I'm referring to the unsoldered "split" loops on the chain not the loop style. While some hobbyist artisans may make silver jewelry without soldering the loops closed, it would be imprudent to do so on light chain especially for a reputable manufacturer. Two reasons, 925 silver is ductile and the chain links will spread open with little force resulting in loss to the owner. The other is anybody can open the loop and add a 925 label to jewelry, just like the chain you have pictured. I would pass that up as a plated fake.

Absolutely untrue. Precious metal jewelry is made in all types of link styles, this rolo link bracelet is no exception. Try not to spread false information please.

krymesolvr93- Here is a similar bracelet, the clasp is marked 925 Italy.-

$_57.JPG

OP
OP
krymesolvr93

krymesolvr93

Oct 27, 2013
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just did a silver test on it last night and the scratch stone showed red!!!:hello2:

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to stick with it and dig that target.
Who knows how many other MDers passed on it.
Keep Digging!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread