Ever get thrown off a propert while detecting?

davinci

Jan 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I the only one this has happened too? Or have any of you also got thrown off property? I was detecting in Kentucky and I got thrown off a property. The old timer was angry and said what the hell you doin? You trying to steal my lightning?!!! I said no sir just detecting. And he kept saying I was after his lightning. Crazy I tell you and ran me off with his 3 sons. The one walked up to me and smelt my face it was scary. And weird. What's your experience or story? Please share.

Upvote 0

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore with the news having all the old timesles thinking that thefts and meth labs are on everyone's property in the country. Rural permission to do anything is increasingly harder to get. I've been tossed off more land in the country and never in the city. And those were places we had been able to access for 20 years. But these small town meth and scrap thrives ruined it for everyone.

The number 1 thing about country people is.... They live out in the middle of no where for a reason. Mostly to be left alone!

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anymore with the news having all the old timesles thinking that thefts and meth labs are on everyone's property in the country. Rural permission to do anything is increasingly harder to get. I've been tossed off more land in the country and never in the city. And those were places we had been able to access for 20 years. But these small town meth and scrap thrives ruined it for everyone.

The number 1 thing about country people is.... They live out in the middle of no where for a reason. Mostly to be left alone!

You are absolutely right. Last year I visited my family in Kentucky on the Tn border. My brother in law, sister and friends took me atv riding in the mountains my brother in law and his brothers own. Even though the whole property is posted with No Trespassing signs, he showed me the garbage these scum leave in their meth making. Ingredient containers as well as a plastic container containing the actual meth was found. My advice to people trespassing on country folks' land is to be right with The Lord, because you may meet him sooner than you think!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
many meth / pot/ moonshine makers do it on out of the way public forest land -- because if your caught doing it on "your land" your land can and will be taken by the govt --count on it --so they find out of the way place to make and hide their products , messing with said product is very likely to get your killed or at the very least very badly hurt ( go to hospital class beating ) -- so even on "public "open" land" one needs to keep ones wits about them and their eyes open.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I heard a disturbing story on the radio last year. So many of these meth makers have had their product blow up in their faces that burn centers have actually went bankrupt and out of business because they have to treat them. They do not work, so have no insurance. I say we petition our law makers to pass a law that all these criminals get medical help as soon as they can legally pay the police, first responders and medical staff attending them. No hard earned cash, no treatments. They stopped deserving my tax dollars when they started their killing practices. Let them lie in their pain and suffering as the people they seek to get hooked on their drug.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, you want "someone", in the heat of a crisis, to decide if you get medical treatment or not because they may suspect you're a meth cooker? You must be loving Obamacare.......:sad10:

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Doesn't take a genius to figure out what these worthless scum are up to....maybe I should explain that to YOU?

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So, you want "someone", in the heat of a crisis, to decide if you get medical treatment or not because they may suspect you're a meth cooker? You must be loving Obamacare.......:sad10:

This looks like the same political crap posts we used to see on that "second amendment watchdog" section that I ignored and apparently the powers that be finally banned...even sadder

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't take a genius to figure out what these worthless scum are up to....maybe I should explain that to YOU?

Genius or not, I want my medical decisions made by my doctor and me based on what is best for my welfare, not based on a political or financial decision. Those can be decided later when I stop bleeding.

Irony

Jan 4, 2014
Southeastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett EuroAce, Dalyn digger, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uhm sorry to push the post back on topic...but to get back to the being kicked off land for detecting...my bf was detecting a schoolyard in the summertime, was told by a friendly cop that NOBODY could be on school property when it's closed. Someone who used to let him detect on his property revoked permission (he also revoked permission for me to use the old house on the property for photo shoots...damn) as his daughter was getting the house and would be living there, and she had decided she was going into MD'ing too!

Another what-can-you-do scenario. A buddy of bf knows someone who used to own an old hotel that has since been torn down; bf expressed interest, via his buddy, in detecting the site; owner of site was 'OMG what if he finds a quarter?' Buddy didn't know what to say, so no permission there!!!

Now, I can offer one pretty much surefire way to get permission to detect private property: get a woman to ask!! Us helpless l'il females (lol I'm 5'10 and no weakling) are awfully good at batting our lashes,smiling sweetly and asking nicely. If the place is also really scenic I will ask permission to go shoot buildings, livestock etc. (I used to train horses so I know my way around critters, so if need be I can yakk awhile about horses/cows/poultry/emus/alpacas etc) reassure them that I realize the risks I am taking and will not hold them responsible if I get hurt....then add, oh, btw, my bf likes to search for historical artifacts...would you mind if he looked for some on your property? And he digs small holes and fills them back in.

You'd be amazed at how well this works!!!

Irony

Jan 4, 2014
Southeastern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Garrett EuroAce, Dalyn digger, Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for getting the thread back!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

LOL no prob, I'm kinda an expert at getting hijacked threads back where they belong :-)

A few more helpful suggestions though I've seen many of them already repeated in other threads...talk to the old timers in the area (be prepared to stay awhile, be patient, listen listen listen), visit the local archives/library, and if feasible, have a good friend who's a lifelong resident of the area. They've seen a lot of stuff come and go.

One suggestion I've not seen anywhere else. If you ask permission and are rebuffed by the landowner, politely ask if they know of anyone else in the area who might be willing to let you detect there. Mostly people aren't expecting this, and may be a little more inclined to be helpful. And always, esp if offered the chance to detect a working farm area, if there are any no-go zones. One nice old lady was quite happy to let the bf to detect everywhere, but the hayfields. Once they were pointed out to him they were left alone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread