went from great day to absolutly horrible

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just had to vent out guys,I finaly was able to get the donated detector,& extras to a mother of 2 young boys felt awesome to wanna thank buzz ( bomb sheath) & ed ( treasure mountain) for the help. So feeling good loaded up my backpack with all my gear my Atpro & my deus into the truck to bring to my brothers house he wants to get into the hobby now & wants to just see the differences ok thats fine. So i go on my way, stop by wifes work for a min even took the time to cover my stuff with an old jacket,then come out to a broken window everything gone even my radio gone console broken, all this bs in no less couldnt have been a half hour. Sorry for my long post again guys like I said just venting, i been laid off awhile so ill be saving for quite awhile to start over. So If u travel with ur equipment be careful cuz beleive me this really stinks alot

Upvote 0
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Auto insurance is designed and purchased to protect you from possible liability to others and physical damage to your vehicle. (unless you just bought "liability") Your vehicle includes the permanently installed radio and the dash.

Home or renters insurance is coverage for possible liability to others and to provide coverage, including theft, of your personal property with certian exclusions. (One exclusion is automobiles since there is primary coverage available)
Personal property is covered anywhere in the world which includes your vehicle.
Renters insurance is VERY inexpensive. You would still have a deductible, say $500, so if just the at pro were stolen, no claim, but if you lost the dues, at pro and other gear you would have a payable claim.

Sorry to hear of your loss.

Ya i know I been goin back n fourth with the insurance company this mornin I have just a,regular Ford ranger from 97 so liability was all that was put on it, I rent an apartment but dont have all those insurances would have loved to have them its just they wearnt in our budget with me not working & 2, kids bills were hard enough, so basically it sux but it is what it is ya know i cant go back in time, so plastic window for now. & start over or find a new hobby

goldnrelics

Apr 1, 2013
Northern Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortés, Tejón, Cibola, Cutlass II, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Killer Bee's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
reading about your story pisses me off! its one thing if they stole something they needed (not really) but to take someones metal detectors is like stealing someones passion. you always seem like a good person but this shitt always happens to good people. I can't imagine what you must be going through for me metal detecting and history is my life its more than a hobby. I hope a higher power can help cope you through these tough times and i understand the ranting. All aside.. from the blank thats probably there, keep being a good person. that was a good thing you did for those kids, life works in mysterious ways and hope only the best in all of this. This is also a reminder for us, that these things can happen.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday. you deserve one more than anyone.

thanks for sharing

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This whole story absolutely sickens me. I know I can't replace anything and I wouldn't want to pressure any other members into donating of course. But if someone's willing to start and keep track of a "christo000 fund" I'd be more then happy to throw down a $100.00 bill to start it up, I know it's far from what you need to replace what you've lost but it would be a start. Just pm me an address of where I can send it and keep a running total and let's see if we can get at least one of your machines replaced? What's everyone think? Again, no pressure to donate, we all know how bad times are right now but this damn story just pisses me off! Again $5, $10, $25, anything would help and would add up quick. Anyone interested in being the "treasurer?" Where we would all send our donation to? Maybe the moderator here could over see that? Let me know, I'd like to help. Merry Christmas everyone. HH

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading about your story pisses me off! its one thing if they stole something they needed (not really) but to take someones metal detectors is like stealing someones passion. you always seem like a good person but this shitt always happens to good people. I can't imagine what you must be going through for me metal detecting and history is my life its more than a hobby. I hope a higher power can help cope you through these tough times and i understand the ranting. All aside.. from the blank thats probably there, keep being a good person. that was a good thing you did for those kids, life works in mysterious ways and hope only the best in all of this. This is also a reminder for us, that these things can happen.

Hope you have a wonderful Holiday. you deserve one more than anyone.

thanks for sharing

Thanks man, I apreciate its exactly how i feel on detecting suspence not knowing what is or could be out there, is awesome, I will be posting pics of the kids from christmas there mom said she would send me some & If it is alright with her ill post em, life does definetly work in crazy ways I beleive that. I dont want anyone feeling sorry for me it sux by all means & theres nothing really that can be done i apreciate everyones responces for sure I didnt post it for any sympathy it was only really cuz I was really pissed ( still am lol) but more to vent & like u said stuff like this happens out of no where without warning just want all to be careful If u travel with ur stuff no matter what it is

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check the local pawn shops fast and look at craigs list for the next 3-4 weeks good chance you will spot them .. good luck and cover you stuff up out of view

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This whole story absolutely sickens me. I know I can't replace anything and I wouldn't want to pressure any other members into donating of course. But if someone's willing to start and keep track of a "christo000 fund" I'd be more then happy to throw down a $100.00 bill to start it up, I know it's far from what you need to replace what you've lost but it would be a start. Just pm me an address of where I can send it and keep a running total and let's see if we can get at least one of your machines replaced? What's everyone think? Again, no pressure to donate, we all know how bad times are right now but this damn story just pisses me off! Again $5, $10, $25, anything would help and would add up quick. Anyone interested in being the "treasurer?" Where we would all send our donation to? Maybe the moderator here could over see that? Let me know, I'd like to help. Merry Christmas everyone. HH

Thats by all means something that I would be,beyond more then gratful really, that now im speechless i, im not even sure what to say but im glad im apart of this site & hobby thank you all Very Very much honestly. Merry christmas

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
check the local pawn shops fast and look at craigs list for the next 3-4 weeks good chance you will spot them .. good luck and cover you stuff up out of view

I will definetly check thank you, tint all ur windows to,

katdancing

Jun 16, 2012
central wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
christo00, I am sorry for the loss. Glad tho that you did vent. On TN, folks are caring people. My heart goes out to you, will keep you in my prayers,

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
christo00, I am sorry for the loss. Glad tho that you did vent. On TN, folks are caring people. My heart goes out to you, will keep you in my prayers,

Thank you it means alot happy holidays

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SORRY
[SIZE=+1]all around[/SIZE][SIZE=+1] ! But

TERMS

[/SIZE]You may not... request the donation of money or material goods, either to yourself or to any other person or organization.

TreasureNet - Rules

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So sorry for your loss! It saddens me greatly! Although we've never talked
I can completely relate to how you must feel! I hope you find your equipment and the people who
did this selfish thing!

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with me i shouldnt have vented out & for that im sorry, it was & is not meant for a pitty or sympathy & give me this & that, its not at all Why I posted it was just in anger & wanted to get something off my chest, this is my issue I will deal with it & like I said befor I do apreciate everyones help in directions to take thats what makes this a great hobby

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with me i shouldnt have vented out & for that im sorry, it was & is not meant for a pitty or sympathy & give me this & that, its not at all Why I posted it was just in anger & wanted to get something off my chest, this is my issue I will deal with it & like I said befor I do apreciate everyones help in directions to take thats what makes this a great hobby

Pm us your email address and we can send $$$ at our own discretion. Sorry for your loss christo!

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel really bad for you. I mean all you did to help those kids and you being laid off. You deserve to vent and vent all you want.

Garbagebill

Nov 1, 2013
San Joaquin valley Ca.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics gamma 6000/Detech 13" Ultimate DD Coil
Garrett Pro-Pointer/Buzz Wilson Bomb Sheath/Lesche digging tool/Black Widow headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry, didn't mean to break any rules. I completely understand the bylaws and will abide by them in the future. Nothing malicious intended, just trying to help a fellow member. HH everyone.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't want anything from anybody jeff..sorry I posted.

We all understand & I don't Blame you for Venting.
We are all friends here & if we can't talk to each other, Something is Wrong 8-)

Our reason for such a rule is to Prevent possible weekly Sob stories
from people who see a way to get something for free,
And to prevent accusations or money making opportunities.
the possibilities are endless.

anyway What happens in PM's or Our Dealer Websites,
are non of our Concern, But what is discussed elsewhere is.

Last edited:
OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all understand & I don't Blame you for Venting.
We are all friends here & if we can't talk to each other, Something is Wrong 8-)

Our reason for such a rule is to Prevent possible weekly Sob stories
from people who see a way to get something for free,
And to prevent accusations or money making opportunities.
the possibilities are endless.

anyway What happens in PM's or Our Dealer Websites,
are non of our Concern, But what is discussed elsewhere is.

And thats the only reason for Why I posted was just to vent out & how,it had went from great to crap never an intention.for any hand outs

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Christo,

We know you didn't mean it that way, the idea to help you get it replaced was a noble and generous idea, but it violated our rules and would open up a Pandora 's box here. Thank you for understanding.

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

OP
OP
christo000

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know & im Very greatful to have good friends that wanted to help, I dont want to violate any rules in anyway the donation made was returned aswell I thank you all for all the help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread