Funny story

Dogtirednj

Apr 29, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday my two Labs got into a tug of war with a brand new box of steel wool pads. Long story short, we could only find 9 of the 10 from the box. It's not out of the realm of possibilities that one of them might've eaten it. I got the bright idea to take them in the yard and scan them with my DFX. The dogs were super squirmy but I got a signal off both! I figured they must've each eaten some and rushed off to the vet. Two X-rays and $290 later, I learned my DFX was picking up their microchips. I guess the 10 count box only contained 9? Font know whether to feel relieved or swindled! Thought you folks could use a good laugh.

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No reason you can't feel both! :laughing7: Glad your dogs are OK.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Entirely possible they could have been eaten, so trip to the vet was worth it. And wonderful that your dogs are microchipped.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL

Heck my sons labs have eaten everything from hot wheels cars to the electronics from their shock collars that keep them on the property. It's not surprising to see all kinds of stuff in their poo.

So I suspect if they ate the steel wool you will find it in the yard.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Or as my cat did one Christmas after he ate a couple of icicles and a day later ran down the hall with them half out of his butt and flying in the breeze, we rushed him to the vet and he was treated for "Tinsel Disease"...

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter is a veterinarian and just last week did surgery to remove a sock from a bulldogs intestine. Owners were not surprised. They said that when they had a hard rain, dog poop piles in backyard turned into socks!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's better than the guy who couldn't find his car remote cause the car alarm was going off, yep you guessed it! Lab ate it, need surgery to remove it! Expensive!

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nine out of Ten times Labs could eat almost anything but, you know their chips are still in place so the chips won't be down. Then again the dogs are loved, well taken care of and will be well and happy for Christmas Morning and all that wrapping paper. Give um a hug and a scratch and a pat from me and enjoy. Dogs Are Great!...........................63bkpkr

elijahhenry10

Jan 24, 2012
South-Western PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75

Teknetics Omega 8000

Bounty Hunter Quickdraw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was detecting in my yard and one of my 'genius' cats decided to lay down in front of me. Well, I swung right over him, and what do ya know, beep went the detector. It's hard telling what could have been in the darned thing, they eat all the guts and such from the squirrels and rabbits I kill, could have easily been a piece of shot. That was a few months ago, and the cats still going strong, so I guess it doesn't bother him whatever it is.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread