Question...How many of you have more than one of the same detector....and why?

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Curious to know how many of you have two, maybe more of the exact same machine. And if you do why? I know of a couple of fellas that have duplicated an old out of production detector because it just worked well for them.........they really liked it. How bout any of you?........TR

Upvote 0

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Excaliburs - My hunting time is very valuable. I have one set up for scuba and one set up for wading. Also, like to have an extra just incase one fails. Sometimes it can be long wait with shipping & repairs.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2 Excaliburs - My hunting time is very valuable. I have one set up for scuba and one set up for wading. Also, like to have an extra just incase one fails. Sometimes it can be long wait with shipping & repairs.
X2.....I can't afford to be without one.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, 2 excals. Ya never wanna leave home without one! :laughing7:

The Mr. will occasionally hunt with me, and like RF said, when you got to send one in for repairs :BangHead:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have 2 excal and has nothing to do with repairs. One has WOT coil, the other has SEF 12x15 Butterfly coil, both are hardwired into controls.....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have several of two different Tesoro models. Partly because they are models no longer in production, I bought them right (used) and the wife and I both use them in competition hunts. I'm not aware of any newer machines that would be a better fit for the competition hunts and they both serve well as coin shooters as well in out local parks, fair grounds etc.
luvsdux

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also have 2 excal and has nothing to do with repairs. One has WOT coil, the other has SEF 12x15 Butterfly coil, both are hardwired into controls.....

We will NOT go quietly into the night!
My setup is similar. One has a stock coil hardwired, and the other has a straight shaft and a waterproof connector so I can change between the stock coil and a WOT. Check with OBN here on Tnet for repairs or mods. He's quick and reasonable and has some interesting options for your Excal.

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Two Sea Hunter II - one for scuba, one for beach & land - got tired of changing shafts and re-winding the cable time and time again!

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have two Minelabs: GT and Elite; need one for "back-up" just in case one falters.

I use both interchangeably, but I like the "iron mask" on the GT.

Lorraine

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I own two goldbug2s for a couple reasons. The first is if im on a trip and it breaks I have a backup. I may change that strategy if I get a CTX. I also like to have an extra if I want to bring someone along.

Cheers - Koffee

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just keep in mind folks that something that's worth having is worth having two (or more) of.
luvsdux

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two AT Pros with different coils. Found clad paid for the second one

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two Tesoro Cibolas. One for me and one for a guest.

nutsdad

Sep 27, 2012
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II ,Ace 350, garrett pro pointer, AT Pro homemade sand scoop,RTG6 scoop with stainless tip
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have three ace350 my first in 20 years, atpro for land and fresh water, excalibur 2 for the beach. HH

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have 4 an older Radio Shack, an Ace 250 a At Pro and a Whites Spectra V3i. The more I got into detecting the more successful I got I wanted to find more so I kept upgrading to find more and for the challenge of getting the most out of each detector. Each new detector has better features over the previous detector.

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
2 excal's wot coil and stock coil. otherwise same.
I got a deal so why not?

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i have two explorer se pro's, 1 quattro and an ace 150
the explorers are for when my son joins me (females come first in his life)
the quattro is when i take a newbie with me
the ace 150 is for when i meet a person who has a child who wants to try his luck

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two White's M6's because my wife and son like to use them in competition hunts with HotFoot coils. Two Fisher Gold Bug Pros because they are great dry sand beach detectors with the 11" coil, but I'll sometimes put the 5x9" or 5" on one of them. and I have two White's IDX Pros (one modified by Mr. Bill) because they don't make them anymore and I've never found another detector that performs as well in heavy iron or nail infested ground.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread