Please help me about selecting and buying Minelab SD 2200D or GP4000

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
My friends
Hello, I want to buy an original metal detector for treasure hunting. I want to buy a deep detector that it can detect a 30*30 metal in 2-2.5 meter depth.
Please guide me that which is deeper? Minelab SD 2200D or GP4000? Where I can buy an original one? How much is his price? I need to instant help.
I am looking forward to your reply. Warm Regards

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Dear hi
If there is a deep (3 meter) metal detector, person will be successful. There are different places that there is treasure. You think that I have only a place that probably there is not treasure.!!! Base of my place is not a story.

And such is the ferver of the faithful. It's always there, if only you had a detector that goes 10 ft deep! And when the day comes that such a machine exists, and you don't hear it with that machine, it will be exactly as mark says: you will then believe that it's 15 ft (4 meters). Mind you .... it's never that it's "not there".

How come you still haven't told us what country you're from ?

OP
OP
M

mohammadreza

Dec 25, 2013
Detector(s) used
Gemini 3
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron stone is a black stone that has up to 50 percent Iron and get it iron in factory. Iron stone absorb magnet attracts. Gemini 3 sound above it!!!

elkaba

Jun 12, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
help needed

you mentioned that you know how to use the TW-6, i have one but is very frustrating trying to understand how to find treasures because once i got a signal and dig about 6 feets and found an old bonfire with big stones around but why does the metal detector detected this stones, i took em out and it did not beep any more, what i feel is if i am over a treasure and i'm walking without notice it, do you have any tips for configuration or a way to test it because i feel that im wasting time and effort, any help wil be very appreciated, thanks

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mohammadreza,

The Gemini is FAR from a toy. You need to learn how to use it.

You can spend all your money on a Long Range Locator (LRL) or an MFD (MultiFreq Device/Detector), and you will get the same results as if you just randomly dug holes in the ground.

There is ONLY TWO pieces of equipment that can find something one foot square at 9 feet in depth. You want either GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar) or a Geophone System. You will not know how to operate either of them, and REAL ones are VERY expensive.

Mike

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh, for the original question neither the minelab SD2000 or the GP4000 will work for what you are looking for at that depth and I don't care how big the coil is. What members here are recommending are VLF units, Two box units, that are essentially magnetometers and capable of detecting things more than 3 meters in the earth. Soil conditions permitting. No PI machine to date has such depth in this range unless you want to try the german or nokta brands which claim such. A two box detector can find large items at extreme depths. Good luck.

metallist

Apr 27, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mohammedreza, what's "iron stone" ?

But as for your assertion that your 2-box gemini 3 won't detect a soda can at 60 cm: Well, 60 cm is about 2 ft. Technically you *should* have been able to get that soda can with a 2-box at 2 ft. At least the TM808 is capable of that, so I'm not sure why your gemini 3 doesn't, unless you've got it set up wrong, aren't using it right, etc.... But let me tell you: "2 ft. (60cm) on a soda can is about the outside range for an object that size using a 2-box. Now if it were tool-box sized item (toaster sized or whatever), then yes, you can go to 3 and 4 ft. (1 or more meters). And if it's refrigerator sized, you can go to 2 and even 3 meters (6 to 10 ft). But no, you will NOT find a machine that can get your supposed 30x30 cm (~1 ft square tool box sized object) at 6 to 10 ft. deep. MAYBE, at best, at 6 ft. deep (~2 meters) if you've got it very finely tuned, and are listening very intently. But no, not to 3 meters deep.

Why is this so hard for you to accept? And did you ever read the "buried gold coins" thread on the general discussion page? There I addressed this whole notion of such "super deeply buried treasures". You have yet to explain to anyone here who's asked: Why do you think this is of necessity that deep? Can't you conceive of how many this is a wild goose chase urban legend that simply doesn't exist? And I've asked you several times what country your'e from, and you fail to answer that too. Phillipines I'm guessing right? Or Mexico? Countries like those (3rd world cultures) are steeped in superstitions that "treasures are everywhere, in every cave, etc...". And naturally, it's never that they aren't there. They're always simply too deep, right? :icon_scratch: But alas, we/I are probably not going to get you to see and realize this. The human mind wants seeeooo hard to find treasure, that any counter-comments to try to cause someone to slow down and think of the reasons it's just supersition, lore, legend, will be met with disbelief. Why? Because no one wants to be "left out". So we subconsciously tend to dismiss anything that explains away the sure-fire treasure story, and it utterly must be there, "if only I had a detector that went 10 ft. deep". :BangHead:

Tom, i think his mean is iron ore or something like hot rocks.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mentalist, just FYI, thread is over 4 years old, Tom's comment is 3.5 years old... :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread