Thurmont, MD house built 1915

jshane7422

Feb 5, 2013
Thurmont, MD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys, I just got a metal detector a few months ago havent done to much with it yet, but my house was built in 1915 do you think I should detect the back yard? Think their will be anything good? the guy next door said our house once had a out house and I know a lot of thurmont was farm land back in the day

Upvote 0

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would search the WHOLE yard. Front and back. That yard is plenty old enough to be hiding some really good stuff! It's just waiting on you.........

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't turn the yard into a mud pit....LOL!! But I would surely search it very well. When you do post some pics......would like to see what you uncover:icon_thumleft:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd find that outhouse location and dig that out too! You'd be amazed as to what you can find in one.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yeah,go for it! Can't wait to see what you unearth.

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey guys, I just got a metal detector a few months ago havent done to much with it yet, but my house was built in 1915 do you think I should detect the back yard? Think their will be anything good? the guy next door said our house once had a out house and I know a lot of thurmont was farm land back in the day
I would start in the back yard first to get experience at digging plugs before I'd start in the front.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread