Minelab Excalibur 1000 with SEF 10x12 coil
3 Minelab Excalibur II 10 inch
Deus II
EQuinox 900
Manticore
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi,

I purchased an Excalibur 1000 from a Pawn Shop It seemed to work fine. I paid 350 for it. I had to buy an adapter and charger. I was finding targets with in the PP mode but the oscillator seems to fluctuate. I just found my problem. The cable coming from the coil has the wiring exposed about 4 inches from the coil. Can I just buy a new coil wire? or do I have to purchase the coil and wire together? I am attaching a picture of the exposed wiring. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should contact Minelab and ask what they would charge to replace the coil and cable.

If they want too much, just get yourself a Coiltek 15" WOT and have someone do the swap that knows how.

Mike

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're not going to get it wet, and it still works properly, you can probably repair it. If you plan on putting it in the water or if it's acting up even on dry land, you'll need to get a new coil with it's sealed cable. You can get a kit from Minelab that has a waterproof connector so you can change coils if you choose to, or you can just have one hardwired in like original. Check with OBN here on Tnet, he's done mine and knows what he's doing for all manner of Excalibur repairs and mods.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U can get heat shrink tubes from auto parts stores. He shrink it and I'd spray a rubber coating over it. Just a cheap idea that might work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread