Tips for a newbie with at pro

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tips: DO NOT Listen to the haters, Get a 5x8 coil!

Take your time & get to know it, it will treat you right.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, how will the 5 by 8 coil help me?

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Better balance, very little loss in depth, better pin pointing and will greatly increase your finds in trashy areas.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks, how will the 5 by 8 coil help me?

The AT Pro while not know for being a heavy machine, is fairly unbalanced and nose heavy. Opinions vary of course but it's a general consensus. The 5x8 will lighten up the nose and make swinging much more enjoyable especially on longer hunts. The 5x8 separates targets WAY better, pinpoints way better and the loss of depth is very minimal. Most people that get the 5x8 (including me) never take it off.
There is a ton of info on the 5x8 for the ATP on the Garrett section of the forum. Give it a search!
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/garrett/

Last edited:

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The smaller coil allows you to sperate targets in trashy areas. It covers a little less ground and it will allow you to look at smaller peace of the ground and hopefully fewer targets in the smaller space.

I agree with the above tips. I have used an ATPro with a 5X8 coil since March 2012. It is a great combo. I love my Pro but as with any detector you will need to get used to it. It may take some time but well worth the investment. I run my Pro in the custom pro mode with the sensitivity as high as possible, and nothing notched out. The only thing that is turned off is the iron audio. The only other tip I would give you is to swing, listen, dig, swing, listen, dig. Have fun and Good Luck.

markp

Dec 3, 2013
Peytona,WV
Detector(s) used
White dfx, and Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I run mine on Pro Zero and the sensitivity all the way up. It works well for me, I love this machine.

OP
OP
MackDigger

MackDigger

Mar 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys much appreciated I will keep ya posted

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions