Who has found over a grand worth of stuff? Most valuable/memorable find?

AgRunner06

Greenie
Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the title states, who has found over a grand worth of stuff in your career of metal detecting? How long did it take you? I'm sure this might be easy for some people who have decades on us young'ins (I'm 30). What were your big ticket items? Anything really memorable? Please share!

I'm just getting started and am pretty excited about the hunts I'm going to have. I just got my Compadre!

Happy New Year!

:icon_thumright:

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about everyone will find a grand worth of stuff in one year if you get out and hunt often enough. I've done it every year for over 43 years now. My most valuable items so far have been jewelry but I'm still hoping for that one coin or relic that will take the title away!

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
LOL I was thinking if it took me all year to get to a grand that would be a bummer....
most valuable thing has been a tennis bracelet. I bought my wife some Pandora beads for Christmas, that's the one thing that eludes me still, those things aren't cheap....

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found a large amount of specimen gold while working a underground gold mine for 5 years.

But i never had much luck finding nuggets on the surface.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you hunt beaches it isn't hard to find 1k a year. I have found 8 diamond rings to date and lots of gold rings. Melt value was over 8 grand last time I checked.... I am in it for the thrill of the hunt so sold nothing although I did trade gold ring i found to a Chinese jewelry shop to lower price of gold ring I wanted. I got 88.% of spot price of gold which wasn't bad considering I didn't have to send it into a refinery and got it on the spot plus got discount on ring I bought.

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My current banner find would be in that range, and is the only reason I hit a grand for 2013. But I have done it many times before, and higher amounts.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, many times over the years, and I'm not giving any details. :skullflag:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just about everyone will find a grand worth of stuff in one year if you get out and hunt often enough. I've done it every year for over 43 years now. My most valuable items so far have been jewelry but I'm still hoping for that one coin or relic that will take the title away!

Between Clad, Silver and Gold...I'm well over a grand every year..Hell, I no some people find 1000 in clad a year....My best clad year was right around 350ish

But I wouldnt expect to find a grand in your first year....But ya never know :thumbsup:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have only been actively detecting for 1-1/2 years and actually only detected about 7 months due to winter and other activities I had going on however in the past 1-1/2 years i have found in excess of $600 in clad and about $250 in silver rings and gold bands. Not to a grand yet but plan on this year doing 1k this year. I don't have the luxury of beaches to hunt so it's parks, fields and homesteads. Before i start this year I know of 3 fields that will produce at least $150 and two parks worth another $150. The hard part will be finding the other $700.

I envy the guys that have the beaches to hunt but I do well where I live anyway even though there are lots of guys detecting around here.

Good luck to everyone in 2014

AQUA

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2013
Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
FISHER F75 / TESORO SAND SHARK / CZ 21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya 1000... is a easy nark if you do any amount of detesting...ie 3 or 4 times a week for a spring/summer...

Got 3 coins in the 150+ value mark... and many that go at 15-30... not to mention cannonballs/trade axe heads etc..... dig dig dig

Finn74

Dec 16, 2012
Got lucky this last year and found about a grand in one ring...
Wife was happy
Graded VVS-1, 0.57 ct, G color
HH

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140102_083929.png
    ForumRunner_20140102_083929.png
    190.8 KB · Views: 97

crazy4coins

Jul 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As the title states, who has found over a grand worth of stuff in your career of metal detecting? How long did it take you? I'm sure this might be easy for some people who have decades on us young'ins (I'm 30). What were your big ticket items? Anything really memorable? Please share!

I'm just getting started and am pretty excited about the hunts I'm going to have. I just got my Compadre!

Happy New Year!

:icon_thumright:

I have only reached the $200 mark for my first year. Then again, I didn't go out much.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If i dig 1 k a year i can assure you i spend 2k in gas lol

OP
OP
A

AgRunner06

Greenie
Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I guess my mark was a little low. I'm glad it hear it can be done fairly easily. I'm looking forward to digging up some neat stuff. I might even go out today if decide to brave the cold.

Nice ring Finn!

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm glad it hear it can be done fairly easily.

Famous last words! :)

It's easy when you get to the end of the year and were lucky and look back to some of the better things found. But while it's happening you might not be thinking it's quite so easy. Generally people who love the money more than the hobby are quick to toss in the towel.

Gary1963

Jan 3, 2013
Lynchburg, Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030 XP Deus Garrett Pin Pointer
Phiranna
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been detecting for just over a year. This is the first hobby that I've have found that actually pays.

OP
OP
A

AgRunner06

Greenie
Dec 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been detecting for just over a year. This is the first hobby that I've have found that actually pays.

This is more like what I'm going for! To be honest, I'll probably enjoy the historical pieces more just because I find history fascinating. It will be fun to find a nice ring or two though.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread