Advice/poll on most important features

Flex68

Dec 10, 2013
SW Virginia
Detector(s) used
Currently researching to buy
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been reading here for about a month, now, trying to decide on what detector to purchase.
I have learned quite a bit, but still feel as though I may be no closer to making a decision....lots to take into account!

For that reason, I am posting to ask for ratings/rankings of what everyone considers the most important features to look for on a MD....in my particular situation, I expect that I will be doing mostly land detecting, with perhaps a couple weeks at the beach each year.
Also thinking that I will be looking to invest around $600 in a detector, with priority on coin shooting, hunting parks, tot lots, old home sites, and a few CW encampments.

With that in mind---- and I hope that is sharing enough info---- how would you rank the importance of the following:

Multiple VLF freq's
Notch discrimination
Manual ground balance
DD versus concentric coil
Waterproof coil
Changing/multiple coils
Other important options I have failed to include?

And, the question that I am sure that everyone is tired of seeing posted (Sorry!):
What detector at or around $600 (new or used) would offer most or all of the above?

Many thanks to all who are willing to respond and offer assistance in my buying decision!

Upvote 0

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread