Metal Detecting Clubs

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I contacted my local club. It had three members & none of them are really active. Guess that is just small town America life. There are clubs in the larger cities areas of my state that do get together & even compete regularly. They post daily finds to their little forum, but I personally feel like this forum is my club. Spotz

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Go to a large club competition hunt sometime. It's a blast. Haven't joined because the nearest clubs are just not near enough and not on my schedule. Getting together some locals and one of these days we'll put it together here in town.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I belong to our local club. It seem that everone has their own expertise which can be a valuable tool when ID'ing something you found-at least most of the time. There are at least 3 ohter clubs in our state. One of the things about clubs is that it seems easier to get permission, however it's also hard to hunt areas if after getting permission, they see 8-10 guys standing wild-eyed and waving detectors in the air while chomping at the bit. ;D

mvSWAT

Sep 21, 2004
Mt. Vernon, Indiana
I just joined a club here, haven't had much of an opportunity to know the people or see what all they "actually" do but it seems like it'll be pretty cool. If nothing else part of it was to join the FMDAC (I think that's right), anyway the $5 spent towards that is a definate plus to those of us who MD.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You CAN join the FMDAC as an "Indipendent" I'm in Indipendent Member, as there are no clubs near me, and prefer the Casual Get togethers as friends. rather then to "Attend Meetings"? :)

OP
OP
N

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you all for your input. I will probably check out the Austin club and see how it goes. Like ya'll said it is a great place to get good tips for the local area as well as meet some people to hunt with.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Loop swinger and Nitro both, you might check out Lonestar TH Club. Think it's just outside Dallas/Fort Worth. They even have a website by the same name.

gomerpyle

Jan 5, 2005
SE- Michigan
I belonged to a club and am thinking about rejoining. The only draw back was that everything that someone found happened to be in some super secret top secret level 4 area that if they dared mention it a group of super silent CIA/FBI/NSA ninja warriors would repel from the ceiling and kill me for knowing and him for telling. Sheeez! ??? ::) ::) ::)

OP
OP
N

nitro

Dec 30, 2004
Round Rock, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stoney, Dallas is about a 3 1/2 to 4 hour drive from Austin. Long way to go for a club. Hope they have free donuts. lol I am going to check out the Austin Club and see how that goes. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread