Lets Talk Headphones.....

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Let's Talk Headphones.....

I use a Whites M6 as well as a Minelab Safari and do 90% of my detecting at the beach. While I usually spend countless hours researching machines before I buy one, I usually just grab a pair of $25.00 Sony headphones from Best Buy when I need some. They always seem to work just fine always thought "a beep is a beep so what's the big deal?"

Recently I was listening to a blog where the topic was "Equipment Modifications". There was a lot of time devoted to headphones .... A lot of time. There was actually enough discussion and information that I started to reconsider this once trivial subject.

I would like to hear what people here think. How important are they really?
What's the best brand?
Whites and Minelab both offer branded headphones, are they worthwhile?
Will an investment of $100.00+ in a pair of headphones specifically designed for metal detecting actually help increase my finds?

I'd be interested in hearing what people have to say : )

Upvote 0

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks DD, I would have figure it would be the same since both use Piezo's but that's good for you. Next time I get some garrets in for repair I will have to check out there interior, it should not be that hard to get the GGA's up to par. I know several years ago the GGUW's Excalibur users where upset over the low volume of the GGUW's, so I was able to modify them to gain 10db SPL just by pulling out the little coil they used in them to make them universal...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread