Upgrade from ATPro without Spending $1500+??

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All, I'd like to upgrade from my ATPro but I can't afford at the moment to spend $1500 or beyond doing so. I know the usual suspects (Etrac - already had and didn't like, CTX, Deus, V3i) are good upgrade options but too expensive for me now.

There has to be a machine in the $600 - $1000 price range that's better than the ATPro, isn't there?

Any ideas??

Upvote 0
OP
OP
M

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dedinetly not its light smooth I've owned quite a few machines both low & high end this 705 is actually pretty comfortable

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Xterra 705 is a superb machine. Very lite and balanced well. You would not get tired swinging it all day.....I don't. Nor would you be disappointed with it's performance. Of course there are many opinions, and they vary. By no means discounting any other machine......but the 705 is an excellent detector!!.....TR

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the great replies!

I had an Etrac and loved it, well, until I started swinging it in the field. The balace is from hell - killed the elbow.

Does the xterra 705 suck as bad as the Etrac in comfort and balance?
Don't let weight be your deciding factor. A sling will take care of heavy machines and make them light as a feather.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions