Problem with Garrett pinpointer

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
I know that's not something you hear often.. I got mine for Christmas from my husband. Best present ever ... If it's not defective. The ground is a disaster, if not froze solid then it's wet n muddy. Been using on the days that the ground isn't snow covered. Anyhow, worked great.. Then started chirping randomly , as if there was something in the ground ,but nothing found. Then it would just stop.. Didn't chirp at tbe dirt pile or hole. So after a few times of this I changed tbe battery n we were back in business . Today it was chirping off and on in the open air.... Now I'm like wth? It was smeared with mud, I wiped it off, it started working again... But did it again alil later. Anyone else experience this?

Upvote 0

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
MissIron.Maiden

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
you're welcome..All kinds of modifications and tricks can be done on the Garrett pro-pointer..From simple to complicated..Check out the simple nail affixed with a rubber band to the side of the pin-pointer..It more than doubles the depth it reads.That's a must..Just call up Garrett pro pointer modifications and check it out.On YouTube.
Whoah, this is new to me !

OP
OP
MissIron.Maiden

MissIron.Maiden

Dec 30, 2013
I've had a problem with mine too. Had it less than a month, and when I tighten down the battery cap, it won't stay on. It just beeps once and shuts down. If I loosen the cap a bit, it works for a while, but I have to keep tightening and loosening the cap to keep it working. Quite frustrating. When it works, it helps a ton! This list is the first that I've heard of problems with the Pro Pointer. I'll contact Garrett and see what they say.
I'm shocked myself , before I started this thread. , I thought these things were Flawless

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had mine 2 years and it does it often. i tried the different battery thing and even adding a spacer in the end cap but it still falses. I turn it off then on again and it's ok for a bit but make your your detector is at least 3' from it. I will false one your detector. I notice when my detector is close to my dig hole it will always false

My pro pointer will "talk" to my detector if they get too close but I think it's the frequency or they are detecting each other?

I'm gonna try that nail thing for depth, I would like to have adjustable depth on it.

Dak

May 26, 2013
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter XL 500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. 10 days later a new pro pointer in hand. Garrett made good on my 6 month old one and replaced it with a new one. That is old school customer service for sure.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice. 10 days later a new pro pointer in hand. Garrett made good on my 6 month old one and replaced it with a new one. That is old school customer service for sure.
Good luck I sent my first one in and got another that soon was doing same as first one.

Josiah51

May 13, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After changing battery on the garrett carrot, it only vibrates and doesn't beep any more on any setting. Please help

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread