Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Anyone using a NEL coil on thier AT Pro?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    May 2014
    Oregon
    Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
    1314 times
    Metal Detecting
    That's a reproduction coin....
    It wasn't made in 1854!

us
    May 2014
    Oregon
    Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
    1314 times
    Metal Detecting
    I couldnít wait even though it is 90+ degrees outside today. I took the NEL 15Ē Attack coil on my AT PRO and took it to a school that I did back in the late 70's that we took over 100 silver dimes off of it back then, mostly mercs. I also have used my Garrett Ace 350 and my AT PRO at this same school. My friend and I are going to go there Saturday morning and give it a really good first test. Tonight I only tested it for 15 minutes on a side field and found 2 dimes and a quarter all clad but all approx 5Ē deep. The dimes were low volume and hi ping repeatable sound. My goal is to go over the main field where all of the silver was found with my new coil and see how it does? I have not been able to find silver on this field with my other 2 detectors (cleaned out back in the day). I have a very good feeling after the short test tonight! It performs as advertized. It is so much more stable and quieter than the stock coils. I have both the 8.5 x 11" & the 5 x 8" PROformance DD search coils* for my AT PRO. Donít get me wrong I love this detector I am just looking for that edge to get more depth out of a coil. I think I found it. It was quiet enough that I could run it at full sensitivity. The field is a low trash area which is perfect for this type of large coil. I do not think it will be good to use in a hi trash area (time will tell). This coil is so big you can cover a lot of ground very fast. I am very impressed so far. More to come
    Gary from Oregon

us
    Aug 2011
    NE Ohio
    CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
    460 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I worked an old roadway next to a church with the 6x8 last week. I tried to be as thorough as possible and recovered 71 coins, all clad. I went back to the site with the 15" attack 2 days later and recovered 32 more coins from the same area. I was really shocked how much ground can be missed with small coils.

The ability to cover more ground, more thoroughly justifies the large coil.

There are experts on this forum that will say the coil does not work any better than the standard ones. However the carpel tunnel in my wrist tells me to
    lay off recovering targets that are deeper than my lesch digger!

us
    May 2014
    Oregon
    1314 times
    Metal Detecting
    NEL ATTACK 15” COIL on AT PRO test ***

This is from Sunday mornings 3rd test run with this combo. As you can see by the pictures I found 39 coins (none good) at this 1912 house, in the front yard, that has been condemned by fire. (14) coins I found on one side of the front yard that I had went over 2X already with the 5x8 coil. The conclusion is that the original Garrett coils give you tons of info on the target below and tell you what you may not want to dig. The NEL coil tells you what you should dig. You will dig more bottle caps, but you will dig more coins! I found the dragonfly pin on the side I already went over 2X with the 5x8 coil? All of the signals I dug with the NEL coil were solid double pings. I do not know how I missed them with the factory coil? If this NEL coil was a piece of garbage I would also post that, but so far has been awesome. I found (5) wheats on the 2nd outing on lawns I already had went over 2x with the standard coils. I also found a nice “Black Hills” silver ring too! More feedback on the 15” ATTACK coil to follow.

Gary from Oregon Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md11.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	941.1 KB 
ID:	1026623Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md22.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	1026624Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md33.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	1026625Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md44.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	1026626Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md55.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	1026627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md66.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	2.28 MB 
ID:	1026628Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md77.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	2.03 MB 
ID:	1026629Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md88.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	1.73 MB 
ID:	1026630Click image for larger version. 

Name:	md99.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1.23 MB 
ID:	1026631

Feb 2006
    Minelab Explorer ll
    16 times
    Very informative thread thank you everyone.
    Holding history in our hands is a treasure in itself.
                             ~Minelab EXll~

us
    Feb 2018
    Garrett AT Pro
    Metal Detecting
    Iíve had a Nel Storm on my At Pro for a month now. I am getting deeper depth. Like many though pinpointing has been a challenge. All in all great coil.

us
    Tim

Jan 2014
    Eastern Wa. State
    AT Pro, Fisher Goldbug, Whites coinmaster pro
    46 times
    I have the Nel snake and the CORS (Nels) Detonation 13Ēx14 coil for my AT Pro. I love the Snake coil in trashy areas. The Detonation I just purchased and have only used it once on my last time out and did find a 1948 dime. I was noticing some ďfalsingĒ. It is something that I can get used to, because when it gave false readings, it would give a tone, but no VDI number or depth reading. I do not dig what I think are Zinc pennies (VDI@78-79). They are usually in bad shape or a bottle cap where I detect. Overall, so far I love both coils. VDI numbers seem to be the same as the stock coil.

Jan 2016
    Germany
    AT Pro, EuroAce 350, magnets on ropes
    350 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I run the AT PRo with the small NEL coil (snake?). I do like it for the fact it's solid compared to the standard 5x8 coil, meaning it never gets stuck on the little branches and twigs on the ground. Apart from that I haven't been able to make out a real difference.
    Garrett AT Pro and EuroAce 350 for detecting, a bunch of strong magnets on ropes for magnet fishing.

Check out our YouTube channel, we upload videos of each successful hunt we go on.

Magnetfishing crafts on our Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/de/shop/TrashureSeeker

us
    RECON DIRECTOR

Dec 2016
    New jersey
    EQUINOX 800 At pro Whites Mx5 Garrett ace400 Garrett pro pointer AT Garrett pro pointer II
    114 times
    Metal Detecting
    I use the NEL storm and sharp shooter on my AT pro they are both excellent coils Iím about to order the NEL snake for cellar holes. Iíve had much success with NEL on my ATP and would recommend them to anyone asking especially the storm coil to start

us
    Ye Olde Pirate

Jan 2015
    Calvert Co Md
    Garrett AT Pro,Bounty Hunter Tracker IV Garrett Ace 250 Deteknix X pointer
    156 times

5x8 coil

Quote Originally Posted by Normsel View Post
    I would go with the 5x8 for the ATP, you can only get so much from a machine and I don't think you can do better than the 5x8 coil for an ATP. The 5x8 will pay for itself over and over. Not sure about a nel coil.

can you tell me why ? I am a noob
    Loco-Digger likes this.
    Keep Seeking The Treasure Because It Won't Seek You!

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    9009 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    I had the attack coil on my at pro you have to gb at half sensitivity and run the coil wire straight up the shaft for the first 6 to 7 inches so the coil does not pick up on the wire , Call Rusty at Garrett he knows coils very well you will lose depth on smaller targets like dimes quarters you will get deeper than the stock coil also do not use in a trashy area you will pick up many signals at once. It pin points single targets very well. Also hard to use around trees or bushes I sold mine, Call Garret ask for rusty amazing person great at answering coil questions,,, Tommy
    This is an addiction!!! There is no cure!!! And it only gets worse!!!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Tommy

Dec 2015
    Ann Arbor
    AT MAX
    9009 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Coils you need to consider mineralization in your area to see if a consentric coil would be best or elliptical or double D Call Rusty hes like a scientist and very helpful
    This is an addiction!!! There is no cure!!! And it only gets worse!!!!! KEEP PLUGGIN AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Charter Member
    us
    Coin Rescue Tech

Jun 2014
    Northern O-H-I-O
    F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & an F2 (loaner)
    16272 times
    Metal Detecting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by captbo View Post
    can you tell me why ? I am a noob
    captbo, a larger coil has a better chance of having more targets in it's detecting field since it's field is larger than a smaller coil. Smaller coils normally give up a little depth but gain better target separation due to their smaller size.
    Rescuing Coins 1 Beep at a time

us
    Aug 2017
    Southern Oregon
    Whites MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher GB II, Whites 4900
    60 times
    Relic & Nugget hunting, but I do it all
    Quote Originally Posted by choppadude View Post
    Looking to get some unbiased reviews of anyone who has ran a NEL coil on their AT Pro. Also anyone who has ran a NEL on ANY machine that can tell me anything about the quality, service, performance of their coil. Does it change the VID numbers? Tones? Pin pointing?
    I am looking specifically at the "Big" coil but welcome any info on any of their coils.
    Up until my AT Pro purchase I NEVER even spent $240 on a detector let alone a coil!
    Thanks
    Steve
    Steve, Most folks I hunt with use the 5X8" coil and love it. I've heard good things about the NEL Storm but never used it. I use the stock coil and the small sniper coil for extreme trash.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links