Omega 8000 - Any Good? vs ATPro?

MetalDetectorDude

Oct 9, 2013
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax, AT Pro, Etrac, Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm looking for a really good coin/jewelry detector in the $500-$900 range. I like the ATpro but I'm trying to see what else is out there that may be better in that price range.

I don't know a lot of Omega 8000 owners so I'm wondering if there's a problem with the machine. From what I've read, it sounds awesome.

Any Omega 8000 owners out there? Good with coins/gold/silver?

Thanks Folks!

Upvote 0

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Teknetics is made by First Texas who also makes Fisher & Bounty Hunter. From what I have heard, they are pretty good and some people absolutely love them. One very similar machine that you may want to consider is the Fisher F 70 - I have a friend that owns one and has done very well with it.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In that range I'd advise checking out the minelab xterra 705 so far its working out great for me & with just a simple coil change u can have a machine that is capable if different frequencies

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're asking for personal opinions, I'd say stick to American made. I personally like both Garrett machines and those made by First Texas (Fisher & Teknetics).

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're asking for personal opinions, I'd say stick to American made. I personally like both Garrett machines and those made by First Texas (Fisher & Teknetics).

Why I've used a lot of brands myself whites,garret,deus,minelabe all have great customer service all have facilities in the u.s. all are quite capable & each have certain advantages over the other

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread