What does everyone think of the Garrett Infinium LS? Reviews.

D

Darod

Ok everyone,

I'm thinking of upgrading from a Fisher 1280X aquanaut to a Garrett Infinium LS. There is obviously a vast difference in the 2 machines and what they each can or can not do.

My question is based on the Garrett Infinium LS,.....what does everyone think of this machine? Is it stable, good construction, good land and water performer, worth the money? I have read a few unfavorable reviews on the machine but I'm curious what you guys think.

Also, I am considering the Minelab Excalibur 1000 or 800. Which machine do you guys think is the better machine,...overall, between the Minelab's and the Garrett.

Thanks in advance guys and gals,

Rod

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

Darod

Come on everyone,....what do you think!? :)

start typing your opinions everyone!

Rod

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
You might check on Willys comments on the Infiniium on the Nugget hunting forum. I am surprised he hasn't weighted in on this question.

The lastest? PI beach machine which is not on the market yet is Eric Fosters Goldscan 5 which has tone ID similar to the Infinium. I believe you can get waterproof housing for it, interchangeable coils, groundbalancing. This one I believe just raised the bar on beach PIs. More expensive than the Infinium but this one is going to leave all other PI beach machines in the dust with it's ID capabilites.
Here is a link
http://www.findmall.com/cgi-bin/forums/pi_classroom/pi_technology.pl

George

Willy

Well, here I am with my 2 cents worth. I have both an Excalibur 1000 & an Infinium (I also have a Sov., GTI 1500, & a Cobra II). Where I hunt the Sov./Excalibur can't touch the Infinium for depth; no-how, no-way, no-when. I've got 7.5", 10", & WOT coils, & the Infinium with the 5x10" smokes them all for depth & small target sensitivity. On my section of nail patch they are about equal for good finds, if one discounts the depth difference. When it comes to low conductors & current Canadian coins the Infinium is superior due to the iron mask on the Sov. ( I find it less awkward than the Excalibur) & mineralization. One of the thing I notice about the Infinium in trashy areas is that, after a day of detecting, my brain really hurts. It's basically an all-metal detector with tone ID though the delay (disc.) can be advanced to knock out some small trash. Another factor to consider with the Infinium (and a lot of other PI's) is RF interference, especially when hunting in town. Often I have to play around with the frequency adjustment before it becomes stable. If you do buy an Infinium, I'd recommend keeping the Fisher in order to add flexibility to your detecting pursuits. ...Willy.? ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread