[VIDEO] Finding old homesites using GoogleEarth

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
When I do what you do in your video everything works except the old map I am overlaying is real blurry when overlayed. I cannot figure out how to clear it up. Any suggestions?

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
When I do what you do in your video everything works except the old map I am overlaying is real blurry when overlayed. I cannot figure out how to clear it up. Any suggestions?

Ok I think I know the problem. This is hard to explain though. Basically, what this means is the I age you are saving is small and google earth is stretching it which is why it's blurry. When getting the image, go the the actual page of the website and right click on the image and save it to your desktop. Don't just save it from the google window. Also, if there's an option to download it on the website, use that.

Hope it helps.

DiggItUp

Silversurfer79

Dec 24, 2013
Southern, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very good info! I believe this application will come in handy. Thanks

Merc

Greenie
Jun 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank You DiggItUP! :icon_thumright:

This is just what I need! :headbang:

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
Ok I think I know the problem. This is hard to explain though. Basically, what this means is the I age you are saving is small and google earth is stretching it which is why it's blurry. When getting the image, go the the actual page of the website and right click on the image and save it to your desktop. Don't just save it from the google window. Also, if there's an option to download it on the website, use that.

Hope it helps.

DiggItUp

I'll try this later and let you know how it works.
Thanks.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

How big is your image?

OP
OP
DiggItUp

DiggItUp

Mar 9, 2013
This is probably really simple, how would I know this?

Well u don't know off the top off of my head but probably open it up in paint. Also, like I said make sure you go to the actual website and save it from the actual web page, not just off google. It seems the image you downloaded is extremely small, and is stretched on google earth which is why it's blurry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread