is your wife or girlfriend jealous of your metal detector?!

nleet22

Jan 5, 2014
lancaster pa
Detector(s) used
Garret ace 250, AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im just saying, the women trys to hide my detector in the basement cuz I talk about going out and hunting or I have it in the trunk all the time just incase I drive by a nice looking field or grassy area. like the strip of grass between the road and sidewalk..lol oh yeah I got it bad!!! she wants to have a movie nite and im watching the movie saying look at that old house and big yard I bet theres goodies there! am I alone in this is it just me..i don't shower with my detector anymore..jk..I rinse it off in the shower tho and she hates it!!lol

Upvote 0

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an idea.
Go to a pawn shop and buy a cheap diamond ring.
Go and "Hide" it a couple of inches down and cover your tracks.
Invite your Wife or Girlfriend along and, if possible, let them find the ring. Don't make it your first find otherwise they will expect a ring in every dig.
It's a little gentle persuasion that demonstrates some of the excitement of the hobby.

Keep Digging!

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My wife gets mad while we are driving because she knows I'm looking at patches of woods and fields that look like they might have some civil war relics on them. She gets mad because she knows I'm not listening to what she is saying because she knows I'm in a trance looking at this gap or that hill or that ridge line over there. Yes she gets mad !

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had a girlfriend who said things like "I'm not touching those dirty ole coins" or "Your detector will disappear like Jimmy Hoffa"....Anyway we are no longer together! :icon_thumleft:

I'm single now and it would be nice to have someone who has similar interests and would enjoy doing the same thing! Finding a woman who would enjoy metal detecting is like winning the lottery! Guess I'll be single for a very long time! Oh well!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I had a girlfriend who said things like "I'm not touching those dirty ole coins" or "Your detector will disappear like Jimmy Hoffa"....Anyway we are no longer together! :icon_thumleft:

I'm single now and it would be nice to have someone who has similar interests and would enjoy doing the same thing! Finding a woman who would enjoy metal detecting is like winning the lottery! Guess I'll be single for a very long time! Oh well!

I would much rather be single vs being with someone who is controlling...Life is to short for that .

Sent from my SCH-R930 using Tapatalk 2

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On the flipside here. Hubby can't see the point of me detecting. And he has zero interest as he "has done enough digging holes in his lifetime" ho hum. I try and get him with me as a few places I don't care to be alone at but then he is just bored to tears. Try to get him to use the detector and I dig but nope. Of course then there has been a few times I pull up a coin and he goes ooh and takes it from me and starts trying to rub it clean AHHHHHHHHH But ya zip zero nada interest from him =(
Weird! This is an exact opposite of my wife and I . She will walk down the beach with me but either gets hot, cold, bored, or in the way of my coil. It's why I enjoy it by myself most of the time!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes and No.
My wife of 44 years understands now, after 7yrs detecting, that's just what I do.
I'm out of the house, quiet solitude for her, time to herself, to be even creative - so she likes that.

She's always saying before I leave the house, "Go find a diamond ring!", so she asks when I get back,
"Did you....?" When the answer is "no , but I did find these neat and interesting things..."!...she then is interested,
and the stories of the day, make the "rusty ol' junk" seem, after all, quite interesting!!

The part she doesn't like is my, almost daily, metal detecting, after all, that's just what I do....! :laughing7:

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a little warm last Saturday so I took my Wife MDing for her first time at a tot lot.
The ground is frozen so we started around the swingsets as there is wood mulch there.
She found 7 coins and a charm... 5 Lincolns, a 1940 wheat, and a coin from Bahrain.
She was pretty happy with that and is looking forward to a next time! Lucky me!
Keep Digging!

toe2short

May 28, 2013
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More of my CTX then she was of my Safari.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My better half digs the hobby! ( yep pun!!!)

But seriously, she's into it but we don't get to go together much. Having 3 kids keeps us busy- ball, PTO, etc- the spring/summer will prolly be better. We talk about it all the time though. The places we'd like to hunt locally and what not?!?!

Have you tried to include her in the hobby?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Love my Girl but I'm a Pirate, To many fish in the Sea to be stopping me going out that door.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread