Minelab 705 vs Etrac worth the cost difference?

ewcoinhunter

Mar 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-Trac and Sun-Ray Probe
Guys and Gals,
Looking to get another Minelab for coin hunting and maybe a little relic. I have had the Etrac and happy, do not own it anymore. I am getting back into this incredible hobby. I have heard great things about the 705, and always hear good things about the Etrac. The cost difference is huge, and I am trying to justify in my head. Money is not a problem! But why pay for the Etrac if the 705 can basically do the same thing within reason? I know you get what you pay for, but I am hearing folks with the 705 getting the same depth as the Etrac. Again just what I am hearing, not trying to start any arguments here. I would like some input from others either way? Finds with the 705? Depth? Or should I just go back to old faithful, being the Etrac?
Keep swinging...

Upvote 0

falconman515

Mar 28, 2014
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
Saving My Pennies ...........

For an XP Deus w/ 11" coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anymore update on your thoughts of the 705 vs. the E-Trac?

I know it's a stretch and E-Trac is the top dog really (minus the dirty30) and I am trying to find a deal on one ... but the 705 is still lingering in the back of my mind ... and I saw this thread so I thought I would give it a bump and see if the OP had any updates or more thoughts from users of both could chime in further.

:thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anymore update on your thoughts of the 705 vs. the E-Trac?

I know it's a stretch and E-Trac is the top dog really (minus the dirty30) and I am trying to find a deal on one ... but the 705 is still lingering in the back of my mind ... and I saw this thread so I thought I would give it a bump and see if the OP had any updates or more thoughts from users of both could chime in further.

:thumbsup:

I do love my Xterra but I think you get more depth and target information with an ETrac. The only reason I don't own one is the weight of the Etrac - too heavy for me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread