Apparently, Im in

JWag

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apparently, I'm in

Just pulled the trigger and ordered a Garrett AT Pro. Was going to wait awhile but there was the offer of a $25 Amazon card if ordered by today. I ordered from Kellyco and also ordered a Titan 9000 Pro as a second/backup unit as part of their BOGO deal. Hope they are decent machines. Looking forward to having them come in so I can start "playing" with them. -james

Upvote 0

pkb

Feb 10, 2013
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Two Garrett AT PRO's, two Garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT Pro. Both of them

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unless you have a physical problem I wouldn't think you would need a detecting buddy with a 5x8 coil. It swings pretty neutral with the little coil, but they are cheap enough for sure. Or if you are lonely I guess you could use a detecting buddy to go with you. ;)

OP
OP
J

JWag

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OH BOY, OH BOY, OH BOY!!!!! It's Christmas in East Tennessee. My detectors have arrived. Haven't yet opened the box with the Titan but I am all into the Garrett box. I'll pop in the DVD in a bit and watch and read the manual. Oh, boy, oh boy..... I feel like the little kid that just got his Red Ryder BB gun. lol. -james

OP
OP
J

JWag

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love my AT Pro. Both of them

Both? Wish another AT Pro had been an option for the BOGO deal, or I'd have gotten two. -js

OP
OP
J

JWag

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations! Do yourself a favor and buy the following:
1) Original Metal Detecting Buddy
2) 5x8 Garret coil
3) Garrett PRO PinPointer
4) Predator Model 31C - Raptor with Cadora Sheath digger - sharpen it to go through the roots if you are handy and wont cut your coronary artery by accident.
5) ACU Digital Camouflage 3-fold Mag Recovery / Dump Pouch

Send me a "Thank you" PM when you feel like it.

Not sure what a metal detecting buddy is, unless it is someone willing to go detecting with you. Somehow, I doubt I can buy that.

A smaller coil is something I am definitely interested in.

Garrett Pro pinpointer: my rig came with a pinpointer but there is no name brand on it, so it may not last long. If not, I'll have to get the Garrett version.

Predator Model 31C - Raptor with Cadora Sheath digger: my kit came with a 12" sawtooth Gator digger that has a lifetime warranty. Hopefully, it will be good but I'd imagine that as I gain more experience I'lll want something different. I'll keep the predator in mind.

The kit came with a backpack and a couple pouches, as well, but they look flimsy. I'll check out your recommendation.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

-james

OP
OP
J

JWag

Greenie
Jan 19, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you have a physical problem I wouldn't think you would need a detecting buddy with a 5x8 coil. It swings pretty neutral with the little coil, but they are cheap enough for sure. Or if you are lonely I guess you could use a detecting buddy to go with you. ;)

My main physical limitation (other than age) is my right thumb. I have flexion, but not extension due to a severed tendon. I'll have to use the left hand to push the buttons, I think.

-james

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread