Old home sites?

panchoveeya

Feb 5, 2013
northern california
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in an area that has quite a few remaining old home sites. You can tell where the homes used to be because its surrounded by trees and could make out the dirt road. My question is, how to you go about finding the owner when its just surrounded by a field and nobody ever around? I'd love to hit these sites before they are bought out and more construction begins, but I find it hard to locate and owner and get permission. If anyone has any clue as to what would be my best bet please leave a reply. Thank you.

Upvote 0

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go on a GIS site or something similar and look up the owner of the property and contact them if it's private. If it's county city or park owned and nothing is posted have at it!

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with the county tax office, they have the records of who owns everything.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would knock on the closest door to the site first.Star there and work your way down.Most the times locals should know somthing ,if you look long enough ,you should come across someone with information. good luck!!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I live near an old town where there was a civil war battle and old houses exist. I've tried door to door in a few places and usually between the sidewalk and the street is OK to search. You might be surprised to find if you offer a owner half of the finds how many you'll get to hunt. I even invite the owner to come with me. I have offered to let them dig. And just mention that you are cleaning their property of trash. You just never know how people will react. You'll never know till you ask. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread