GPS Gridding

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
A couple years ago my wife got me a Garmin Etrex Summit hand held GPS unit for Christmas (about $150 I think), that I had requested for logging Indian artifact find locations. It also has a feature that can log your movements on a map during a hunt, that can show you all your little zig zagging motions, and hence any area you might have missed. I find it interesting to use while detecting in large fields, to tack the locations of items found. You can also plot the find locations on Google Earth views to see where the hot spots were after the fact, and help you find them again in subsequent years when the fields look a little different, due to different plowing patterns and crop rotations. Like a pinpointer, it is another gadget that I always take with me. It can also log for you how far you walk during the hunt.

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Your absolutely right hoosierguy , it's a feature I thought I would not use on my ctx , but the more I see people useing it and how well it can document your finds and locations iam rethinking that and iam sure I will at least Try it out on spring

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread