Love my new MXT Pro !!! Any better coil suggestions ?

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Upvote 0

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
D2 is a great coil. super deep, pinpoints well but can also be a bit on the hefty side and prone to emi. Whites 6x10 is another great coil. Doesn't have the raw depth as the D2 but target ID is better, more stable overall, nice balance for the MXTP and not anywhere near as emi finicky. The 6x10 was my favorite setup. I hear good things about SEF coils too but have never used one.

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2008
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Get the SEF coil and don't look back. I have used the D2 and 6x10 and the SEF is deeper. I have the 10x12 SEF and it also works great in very trashy areas. I hunted with the other coils in a spot that I gridded off. Went back with the SEF and found much more deeper targets. You won't be sorry. The SEF never comes off my MXT PRO.

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The dynamic response characteristics of the MXT were designed around the 10 inch elliptical DD coil. In my opinion that ought to be the standard coil it's shipped with. However, with so many people believing that "bigger is better", shipping it with the larger searchcoil probably helped sell more metal detectors.

--Dave J.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
you will like the MXT i always said at lease to me the MXT was the best detector that whites put out ……… And like Woof said i always thought the coil that come with the detector was the best coil for the detector…. For my thoughts on that is the company will match up the detector with the coil that works best on it … That is how i think about all brands ….Look at this way if you made a detector what coil would you put on it the one that works best or one that works a little under par .. I am not one to run around with a bunch of extra coils … I am always happy with the one that came on it and it always works great for me..

Last edited:
OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Very good point. I have always felt that the M6 / 950 coil pairing was perfect, just not feeling the same about the 12". Maybe its just me, but I would have liked a coil in the 10" range that was a bit better of a performer at the beach.

Then again, I have only had it about a week and only have about 8 hours on it - only time will tell.....

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread