Little guys first detector + 2 coin roll scores

abonacci01

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the little man a used machine for his 9th bday last week (BH 505, I just got back into the hobby with a Whites CMP). It's been brutal undetectable weather here in ohio , so we stopped at the bank and I introduced him to coin roll hunting. Got $100 of halfs and scored a few 40%. We are looking forward to getting out when the weather breaks.
hubu9ete.jpg
9yhyda4y.jpg

Upvote 0

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds great. Watch out he might out do you with that 505.

OP
OP
abonacci01

abonacci01

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haha , I haven't tried it yet , seems like a decent machine . I got a smoking deal on it off Craigslist. It looks practically unused , got it for $120. I had great luck when I had a prizm 4 about 5 years ago so I decided to get a coinmaster pro. I'd love to grab the little dd coil for it to pick the coins out of the iron at a few old parks near me.

whitewill_1

Jan 5, 2013
Pittsburgh PA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Whites TDI, FISHER F2, BOUNTY HUNTER JUNIOR, WHITES COINMASTER 6000Di S2, Garrett ProPointer, FISHER PINPOINTER, SUNJOE HORI HORI DIGGER
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where there is alot of iron in an old park there should be old coins too. Great places to hunt with a small coil slowly. I hear the little 4×6 is excellent in trash too. I love the little 5" DD on my T2. Being an urban hunter there is trash everywhere. I don't know if I will ever put the big coil back on. You know Bounty Hunter makes a little four inch coil that is very inexpensive as far as coils go too. You got a deal on the 505 it's a great beginner machine and has ground balance ability.

OP
OP
abonacci01

abonacci01

Greenie
Jan 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info ! I did pull 2 silvers from this park in my small town, but it's so hard to isolate good signals when the machine is overloaded with iron ones. I have turned disc off in the areas I suspect to be hot spots and the machine goes nuts with iron targets. Wish I could find one of those dd coils used , having a hard time justifying the $.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
What part of Ohio are you in. I'm sure he's like me and itching for the first stretch of nice weather.

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
I'm in the dayton area. Supposed to get even colder. If your ever looking for new places for you guys to go I just came across a list of all the old school locations in the area. A few from the mid 1800s. I'm going to be checking those up a lot this spring and summer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread