Texas Kid

Jun 4, 2013
Texas
Detector(s) used
gazrret & bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What' Up with my B Hunter

:icon_scratch:I was just wondering what the best path of trouble shooting someone can take to find if a coil is going south? My bounty hunter seems to not pick up consistently even on objects that I have deliberately placed on the ground. I may have to pass over them two to four times or change the angle of attack before I get a hit. Seems to me that surface objects should get a hundred percent hit if they are not notched out! What can I do to make sure of my coil? My Machine is a mid range camo LS . Not the most expensive machine in the world ,but its; got me started and I've found a few thing worth keeping! Help if you can . Thanks! The Kid :icon_thumleft:

Upvote 0

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check coil for physical damage

Wiggle connectors when things are not working to see if you can make things change

If you could find a schematic and specs of the the coil and connector you could check it with an ohm meter.
Try a known good coil on it (requires you to find someone near by with the same machine or compatible coil that will let you borrow their coil for 5 minutes)

Else you gota spend money:
Send it in for service

Try and find a used one of the same model locally (so you can verify it works) for spare parts

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Swap it out with someone else's known working coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread