Best Find Ever !

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
Yesterday I spent a solid 6 hours working 2 different 1715 wreck beaches from roughly 10AM - 4PM. As I was about to wrap things up for the day, a German Shepherd puppy emerged from the dune by the beach access. He was very young, but had a collar and an id tag. This was a a very secluded access with only a few parking spaces. With nobody in sight, i knew that he must be lost. I called the number (a New York #) on my cel and a lady answered. I asked if she had lost her dog and she told me that she was on vacation with her husband and daughter and he had gotten away the previous afternoon. She was pretty hysterical as they had just bought him as a Christmas gift for her 10 year old.

It turns out that they were staying with friends in Melbourne Beach which was about 10 miles North of where I found him. I told her that he was fine and gave her directions to the beach access I was at. She was crying hysterically and said she would be there ASAP. In the meantime the pup and I sat in my car. I gave him some water as well as half of my Subway turkey & provolone sub ...... he was hungry.

He stayed in the car and enjoyed some air conditioning while I cleaned my detectors and putting my gear in the trunk.

In 15 minutes they pulled in and their daughter jumped out of their car while it was practically still moving. She immediately ran over to me, as I was the only car in the small lot. Her parents were right behind her. I opened the car door and the reunion began. He was so excited and I could only imagine how frightened the little guy must have been through during his 24 hour 10 mile journey. Everybody was in tears as they told me that they were convinced that they would never see him again, and also had considered that maybe a gator or even a shark may have gotten him.

The father noticed my equipment and asked how my day had gone. I replied "Not so good - I only found two pennies, but there's always tomorrow". He then commented "I've seen you guys on the beach before and no offense, but I always thought you were kind of weirdos, I guess I'll never look at one of you guys the same again." I laughed and told him that he had just made my day. He replied "NO, You just made mine" He then handed me a $50.00 bill and shook my hand.

Oh well, time to jump on the Whites website and see what $50.00 will get me..........

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

Upvote 0

Markomyt1

Dec 1, 2013
Cheyenne, WY
Detector(s) used
Garret Freedom III
AT PRO Woot!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sniff Sniff, I love a happy ending.

And returning the Puppy was pretty cool too!

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story! Honorable mention for sure. Good luck on those beaches. They're the cleanest ones I've ever hunted!

OP
OP
treasurecoasteric

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I agree - they aren't popular tourist beaches or party spots, so very rarely will you find pull tabs or bottle caps. Some actually have less than a dozen parking spaces. The locals respect the area and don't litter. I have literally gone a half hour or more without a peep out of my machine. Sometimes I'll wave it over my scoop just to make sure it's working LOL

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's also clean because anyone who hunts it, digs every sound!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good deed of the day, well done! Nice save!

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story - Awesome to help people out , and give our sport/passion a good name in the process!!!

Koffee

Dec 9, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Goldbug2 x2 , Garrett 250, GTX 3030, CZ20, Excal, Minelab 2200, ATX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Fantastic!!

Cheers - Koffee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread