SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Go for it!!

I am still looking at a two-box as I have a good lead on some land here for hidden goodies -

best of luck to you!
keep us posted!

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Garret gti 2500 with eagle eye. Diver detector soon to come!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the eagle eye if you ever want to partner up. pm me

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We used one recently for a series of caches we recovered. It works well on large objects. You have to be careful how you walk and try to keep it steady.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
any tips on that wayne?

K9Sniffer

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garretts At Pro, TekNetics, Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had my Garrett GTI 2500 about a year, I tuly enjoy using it. My wife and I have been MDing since 1973, I love my GTI 2500, I bought her an upgrade, got her an Garrett AT Pro which she loves as well. The GTI I use, gets small items deep, Wheats, Silver Dimes a good 6-8 inches down, same with quarters, Silver Quarters, at 6-8 inches down, have gone as far as 10 inches on a Silver Quarter. Picked up a nice Silver Ring with a big Jade Stone at 6 inches last week. I've learned not to go too high on the Sensitivity. The best for you to do, learn your tones with your ears....When not sure, dig it, I call those my educational digs, I'm learning by digging things I question, they are your teachers, the unknowns, then become the Knowns to you.....Then you'll get to a point where you'll challenge yourself and guess what it is prior to going in for the dig, you be pleased to see you were right.....I find on my GTI that if I get a reading at 3.5 in the upper scale with a swing of the disk left and right, and the 3.5 scale stays the same, it's often a ring....Pull Tabs 90% of the time are at 4 on the upper scale, some trash has fooled me, reading at 3.5, but not often...Practice, Practice,Practice.....Use your Headsets as well....

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
If you go in to youtube and type in Garrett GTI 2500 treasure hound…………….. or Garrett GTI 2500 2 box … You can see for your self how they work and how to do it...

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you go in to youtube and type in Garrett GTI 2500 treasure hound…………….. or Garrett GTI 2500 2 box … You can see for your self how they work and how to do it...

been scouring youtube. its good advice, just wanted some tnet members opinions

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well i never used a 2 box but thinking about getting one….That is why i said you tube..

oh I didn't mean to offend. just trying to thank you

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jay, if you asking about the Treasurehound attachment coil, just keep it fairly level. If the threshold keeps coming back, just hit the all metal button to reset. Its only designed to find large targets- soda can or larger.

The Gti2500 is a great unit- imaging provides an idea Of target size. It has good depth, some say a tad deeper than the AT Pro. It's a bit heavy, but can be belt mounted. You can eliminate shallow targets, so at an older park, you could eliminate the shallower clad.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
bigdisco00

bigdisco00

Jan 23, 2014
Miami
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jay, if you asking about the Treasurehound attachment coil, just keep it fairly level. If the threshold keeps coming back, just hit the all metal button to reset. Its only designed to find large targets- soda can or larger.

The Gti2500 is a great unit- imaging provides an idea Of target size. It has good depth, some say a tad deeper than the AT Pro. It's a bit heavy, but can be belt mounted. You can eliminate shallow targets, so at an older park, you could eliminate the shallower clad.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

thanks good info for the grove and historical areas. any tips for the basic unit I keep getting what I think are erratic readings. I tried reset, auto-balance, salt elim, and combos of all three. right now its at factory plus salt elim with my sensitivity is at 7.5 and I have a steady threshold hum.
going through golden olde but not much for these types. or maybe i'm just doing some thing wrong (sweeping to fast, high or low)

Anyways thanks for the help all and especially Wayne!! :occasion14:

I can never learn too much,
Jay

K9Sniffer

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2013
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garretts At Pro, TekNetics, Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just learned this week, after using my GTI for almost two years that if I set it in jewelry mode, it will go much deeper. I've been finding coins at 9-10 inches in jewelry mode. Also learned this week, if I detect in coin mode, the GTI will not pick up gold rings. I found a 1966 class high school ring at six inches in jewelry mode, it read out on the scale at a 6.5, I never dig in the 6 to 7 range, BUT this day I decided to see what this 6.5 reading was, a 10K gold 1966 class ring.....I buried it again, put the GTI in coin mode, it would NOT pick it up. I put the gold 10K ring on the grass, kept it in coin mode, it would not pick it up, I switched it to jewelry, it was so loud now. I placed at 14K gold ring on the ground, placed it in coin mode, it picked up the 14K ring, placed it in jewelry mode, no problem, signal was louder...Just some tips. Happy Hunting.

SouthFLdigger

Mar 16, 2014
Pembroke Pines, Fl
Detector(s) used
Beach:Fisher CZ-20, Beach Hunter ID 9.5" Whites DFX, Minelab Safari and Excalibur 2.
Park and Turf: Teknetics Gamma 6000,Teknetics Delta 4000,Nokta Fors Core
Loaners:ACE-250 9x12 and 7x9.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been wanting to see a GTi 2500 in action read plenty about them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread