does anyone else feel the way i do about div?

Dual Hunter

Jan 18, 2009
Middle River MD.
Detector(s) used
Minelab ctx 3030. Xp deus.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm one of those hardcore relic hunters who does hours of research with books maps etc etc , only to plan a trip to places like culpepper, bristol,Manassas. Only to find out that s.o.b DIV has sewn up all the properties with a contract. As if it isn't bad enough we have to deal with the feds, state official, civil war trust,and other *******s stopping us from (raping) history now our own people are. I cannot see paying someone 200 plus to detect a place . I was told by 2 land owners I would love to let you detect but I can't because I'm under contract with them and that they haven't even been back in over a year to detect the place. We don't need them with there regulations. All of us can do the research find the place and all have a fair chance to save these pieces of history.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm one of those hardcore relic hunters who does hours of research with books maps etc etc , only to plan a trip to places like culpepper, bristol,Manassas. Only to find out that s.o.b DIV has sewn up all the properties with a contract. As if it isn't bad enough we have to deal with the feds, state official, civil war trust,and other *******s stopping us from (raping) history now our own people are. I cannot see paying someone 200 plus to detect a place . I was told by 2 land owners I would love to let you detect but I can't because I'm under contract with them and that they haven't even been back in over a year to detect the place. We don't need them with there regulations. All of us can do the research find the place and all have a fair chance to save these pieces of history.

sort of how it is around here with Hunting clubs leasing up all the lands.
I don't hunt, but if I did, I'd pretty much feel the same way.

at least with hunting there is PA state game land.

But do feel your pain. If they are not setting up for an Imminent hunt ,
all they are doing is putting more sites off limits :(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread