TV show Diggers. really wish it didnt annoy me so much

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
TV show Diggers. really wish it didn't annoy me so much

I was excited to watch Diggers on TV today. I made it about halfway through an episode before. Uhhhhhh, BOOOOM, OH my gosh look at this chunk of iron drove me crazy.

Anyone have this feeling about the show. I really really wish it didn't bother me and I could watch some detecting while stuck inside with all the snow.

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any site becomes available if you have a camera crew behind you and give all the findings to the owners...

yep this is my main problem with being them :thumbsup:

I don't want to be paid to hunt for treasure for someone else.

When I hunt for treasures , I expect to keep those treasures.
Even if it is just an old frying pan handle :laughing7: or Mercury Dime

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I do think that they do a good job on the show and they are real people that metal detect they have been into metal detecting long before the TV show……... and seem like real nice guy's that would be nice to meet …. And i do watch there show again … Just that some times i wonder why did they do that …

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im on the forum fast so i would like to put my 2 cents in,...
I totally agree with ALOT of fellow "diggers",the show is just bad...almost like a bad marketing campaign for ""Gar##t".Not only do they make our hobby/sometimes income, look bad and ive been diggin since 1991 or so,but they are sloppy,very unprofessional,to the avg joe,now people think they can go dig up protected areas cause of these guys..that hurts all of us,....
Also not once have i ever had a friend nor diggin partner jump around like a amphetamine tweeked silver-back gorilla,when a great find was dug, I learned when anything -"ANYTHING" was found,wait till the hunt is over and your in ur car/truck "alot know wht im talkin bout,landowners somtimes stab you in your back ".........
And yes the slang is getting out of control,i never herd anyone use words like " Nectar sector,sounds kindaaa " iffy/goofy" if you know what i mean ... in a dirty sense..lol,i cant stand it....

there are so many hunters ,on here also, that could put a show on TV/internet that would blow it out of the water without all the cheezy junk....
But also its the only show about the hobby thats mainstreamed,....and rather get annoyed by DIGGERS than 99% of the other junk on the T-V_irus..
OH-NO ... Oak Island is on ,what a joke ....i hope my wife kicks me down the stairs......lol
Why do you think this show is so popular and in its third season, while the other detecting shows that were done the way you suggest are gone? :dontknow:

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Why do you think this show is so popular and in its third season, while the other detecting shows that were done the way you suggest are gone? :dontknow:

For the same reason honey boo-boo is on their who knows what season. Because knowledge is out and entertainment by stupidity is popular. That combined with detectorist putting up with their antics to see some good finds in locations normally unobtainable for a detectorist.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For the same reason honey boo-boo is on their who knows what season. Because knowledge is out and entertainment by stupidity is popular. That combined with detectorist putting up with their antics to see some good finds in locations normally unobtainable for a detectorist.
BINGO!!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funnyhunny is banned for good...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is Funnyhunny?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That isn't who I was talking about..... one I was talking about was banned over 9 months ago...

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

SilverFinger

Apr 17, 2008
Woodstock, Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Eagle Spectrum, Treasuremaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know it's an old post. Had to pipe in....

It's doing great things for Garrett. Highly, highly doubtful the AT Pro and Garrett gear in general would have such a high profile if this show didn't exist. As far as I'm concerned, the a-holes stole the idea from me. A videographer friend and I produced a demo show in 2010 and sent it with a treatment to the educational channels - NatGeo included. Just goes to show you the power of marketing. Have a few clods on TV all excited about metal detectors with a specific brand and the whole world has to have one. Precisely the reason I stay away from Garrett. Sorry, I'm just that way.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know it's an old post. Had to pipe in....

It's doing great things for Garrett. Highly, highly doubtful the AT Pro and Garrett gear in general would have such a high profile if this show didn't exist. As far as I'm concerned, the a-holes stole the idea from me. A videographer friend and I produced a demo show in 2010 and sent it with a treatment to the educational channels - NatGeo included. Just goes to show you the power of marketing. Have a few clods on TV all excited about metal detectors with a specific brand and the whole world has to have one. Precisely the reason I stay away from Garrett. Sorry, I'm just that way.

Sorry to burst your bubble! Sorry, I'm just that way. Garrett sales were doing fine WAY before Diggers came along. Has their show help bolster sales? Probably. Who gives a crap? Oh wait….

Higgy

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2014
NH
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll chime in too.

I've read every post in this thread, and there are some good ideas in here, but I got an idea for a new detecting show: Why not PBS? If PBS had a show that had some quality to it, i.e. no fake deadlines, no stupid drama, no contrived scripts, and no bullshit, then I feel like it would be an instant success, and probably garner a lot of donations to keep PBS running.

Trouble is, the starched shirts that run PBS would probably turn up their noses at the whole THing thing, instead preferring to aire shows that address Leonardo DaVinci's sexual preferences. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread