TV show Diggers. really wish it didnt annoy me so much

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
TV show Diggers. really wish it didn't annoy me so much

I was excited to watch Diggers on TV today. I made it about halfway through an episode before. Uhhhhhh, BOOOOM, OH my gosh look at this chunk of iron drove me crazy.

Anyone have this feeling about the show. I really really wish it didn't bother me and I could watch some detecting while stuck inside with all the snow.

Upvote 0

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah you can see my other coment on this thread but i forgot to add one thing. There is one 'episode' on youtube and they hunt with a member of the Garrett family. They don't act up (much) and they are almost "normal". If all of their real tv show was filmed like this it wouldn't be half bad. Check it out. Sorry i don't have the link handy. Just google it it's out there. Meh that's my last two cents. I say if you like it watch it. If you don't like the show turn the channel. Anyhoo stop watching vids and get out there and hunt. Cheers all. Peace.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good advice, its finally thawing here in Michigan so I can stop watching other people find goodies!

Good luck with that were sending you some cold stuff from wisconsin...you guys get our recycled weather ;-o

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck with that were sending you some cold stuff from wisconsin...you guys get our recycled weather ;-o

Yeah Sun-Tue is going to be a high of low 30s, but right after that is some upper 40's in the 10-day forecast. Time to bust out the shorts and flops!!

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can overlook their antics because I realize that it is staged for people to want to watch. I have noticed that this year they haven't been betting each other and then make the loser do something off the wall. The main thing that gets to me is the fake metal detector sounds. You can tell the the detector coil point of view is rerun each time with the same sound to simulate a new find. I realize that the producers have to make it about the sounds and excitement to keep the blood flowing. Probably in real life they are much more laid back and I can imagine them sitting around thinking of new phrases to say about their finds. I heard that we had some Discovery people come down to my state to find more people detecting to make another one of those reality shows. I probably wouldn't make the cut, because I am too quiet and listening for sounds when I hunt, lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
Yeah noticed the detector sound stuff. I was just surprised when they where looking for a cannon they actually used an iron sound. I was waiting for the screech screech to start laughing.

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can overlook their antics because I realize that it is staged for people to want to watch. I have noticed that this year they haven't been betting each other and then make the loser do something off the wall. The main thing that gets to me is the fake metal detector sounds. You can tell the the detector coil point of view is rerun each time with the same sound to simulate a new find. I realize the the producers have to make it about the sounds and excitement to keep the blood flowing.

You are right, the sounds do not match. They wear headphones, which limit the sounds to their ears, and even if they didn't, the audio quality from the real thing would be poor. The coil view and added sounds help draw you into the moment, as if you were the one finding the target.

OP
OP
F

fireguy

Dec 28, 2013
Dayton ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
You are right, the sounds do not match. They wear headphones, which limit the sounds to their ears, and even if they didn't, the audio quality from the real thing would be poor. The coil view and added sounds help draw you into the moment, as if you were the one finding the target.

But is what I think would be an easy fix is to not have 16 beeps for about 3 passes lol

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But is what I think would be an easy fix is to not have 16 beeps for about 3 passes lol

They use a garrett so they have to have a few extra beeps to match up with all the falsing lol

voodoo

Nov 10, 2013
calgary
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Pro pointer AT, Lesche digger, Garrett digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the vid I mentioned in the above post. The diggers with Vaughn Garrett recording a possible 'Diggers Episode' unedited. they talk normal and cuss a bit, then they use they 'diggers' voice saying what they had just said but without the cuss words. Here they don't act like complete dorks and hump trees. Nothing too fancy about the finds,but meh whatever. enjoy, or don't. Cheers all.

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the vid I mentioned in the above post. The diggers with Vaughn Garrett recording a possible 'Diggers Episode' unedited. they talk normal and cuss a bit, then they use they 'diggers' voice saying what they had just said but without the cuss words. Here they don't act like complete dorks and hump trees. Nothing too fancy about the finds,but meh whatever. enjoy, or don't. Cheers all.

That video pretty much clinches the fact that they indeed ham it up for the production, but are NOT like that at any other time.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
here is the vid I mentioned in the above post. The diggers with Vaughn Garrett recording a possible 'Diggers Episode' unedited. they talk normal and cuss a bit, then they use they 'diggers' voice saying what they had just said but without the cuss words. Here they don't act like complete dorks and hump trees. Nothing too fancy about the finds,but meh whatever. enjoy, or don't. Cheers all.]
That is a lot better than there TV shows .. they act like normal people there … Why they do the TV show with made up words and dumb stunts that turn normal people off..Now this was good they used words like ,cool,super , nice . not stupid made up words..

Last edited:

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a lot better than there TV shows .. they act like normal people there … Why they do the TV show with made up words and dumb stunts that turn normal people off..

Doesn't turn me off, and I'm quite "normal". Their "Extreme Metal Detecting" DVD success is what opened the door for their NatGeo show, so of course they are going to make is similar. They are in their third season, so apparently the formula works, regardless of what a handful of grumps think about it.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it is more of a children's show than a adult show … And most children's shows do good …And that is why it is in it's 3 rd season…….

Harlierab

Greenie
Jul 17, 2013
Thomasville, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Even though the show is " corny " it is still what got me back into detecting after a 30 year hiatus. Had I began watching the show and the 2 guys were acting like jerks with a " holier than thou " attitude, I would have turned the show off. There is no doubt that their show has created a lot of new interest in detecting, plus Garrett has made a ton of money.

chacuff

Mar 19, 2014
Gulfport MS
Detector(s) used
Sold out...gone fishing...
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing I've noticed when watching recently...they film the guys searching sites that are inaccessible to any of us common mortals. I think it's pretty easy to find decent stuff at sites like that. How about some episodes of more common locations that receive pressure from other detectorists. And loose the drama....would make for a much more enjoyable show.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
One thing I've noticed when watching recently...they film the guys searching sites that are inaccessible to any of us common mortals. I think it's pretty easy to find decent stuff at sites like that. How about some episodes of more common locations that receive pressure from other detectorists. And loose the drama....would make for a much more enjoyable show.

Any site becomes available if you have a camera crew behind you and give all the findings to the owners...

Upstate Rich

May 24, 2013
Upstate
Detector(s) used
Minelab products,Ex2,Ex Se pro,Coil-Tek coils,Sunray Coils,white's Eagle Spectrum,Bounty Hunter,Bucket and shovel
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Im on the forum fast so i would like to put my 2 cents in,...
I totally agree with ALOT of fellow "diggers",the show is just bad...almost like a bad marketing campaign for ""Gar##t".Not only do they make our hobby/sometimes income, look bad and ive been diggin since 1991 or so,but they are sloppy,very unprofessional,to the avg joe,now people think they can go dig up protected areas cause of these guys..that hurts all of us,....
Also not once have i ever had a friend nor diggin partner jump around like a amphetamine tweeked silver-back gorilla,when a great find was dug, I learned when anything -"ANYTHING" was found,wait till the hunt is over and your in ur car/truck "alot know wht im talkin bout,landowners somtimes stab you in your back ".........
And yes the slang is getting out of control,i never herd anyone use words like " Nectar sector,sounds kindaaa " iffy/goofy" if you know what i mean ... in a dirty sense..lol,i cant stand it....

there are so many hunters ,on here also, that could put a show on TV/internet that would blow it out of the water without all the cheezy junk....
But also its the only show about the hobby thats mainstreamed,....and rather get annoyed by DIGGERS than 99% of the other junk on the T-V_irus..
OH-NO ... Oak Island is on ,what a joke ....i hope my wife kicks me down the stairs......lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread