Kellyco Vulcan 360 Pinpointer first look

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco’s entry into the world of GPP, Pro 25, RS, and others is now available at a whopping sale price of $179.95. Snow days and boredom and a high degree of curiosity contributed to the call that caused Fed X to bring me yet another box. When it arrived and finally made it on to my bench for the initial inspection I was somewhat impressed. There are a few things that I felt are on the down side of this product. First off was the price which seems to be well above market. Then came the initial inspection and the need for a mini screwdriver to change out the battery. A person could have a sack full of batteries in the field and without the little screw driver you could not change out the cell. The supplied carrying holster does however have small areas on the side of the main loop that would allow for the little supplied driver to go along with you. There is no light for those evening tips and dark deep holes. The over all length is about two inches longer than my Pro 25 and GPP. The speaker is just behind the main switch so I found that very little use caused some debris to begin to collect so I went to my truck and got me one of those spot band aids and put it over that area. The sound is lower in frequency that the GPP and Pro 25 but was louder than my Pro 25 which was a plus. It does have the proximity alert like the GPP and Pro 25. The overall length and contoured grip was also a plus for my old bones. I slipped on one of my Home Depot protective caps and took it along with the GPP and Pro 25 to a local lot for a two hour run. My sensitivity setting was a 5 which is max. I used one of my small detectors (ATP) to locate all targets then I took each of the three pointers and went back over the located area and tried to locate the target. In many cases the Vulcan 360 was able to see targets that the other two did not respond to. The Minelab Pro 25 came in second. This means that the GPP just got delegated to stay in escrow while the Pro 25 and Vulcan go to the field with me. Then comes week after next when the Whites arrives.

Upvote 0

nmarz77

Feb 26, 2014
Schaumburg, IL
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Gold Bug Pro, Titan 9000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

nmarz77

Feb 26, 2014
Schaumburg, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ForumRunner_20140501_193544.png

Here are some photos. In the second picture you can see where they used a dab of glue to keep the internals inside the housing instead of a screw or clip. The 3rd photo shows how the LED light falls inside once the insides pull out and the 4th is the infamous Made In China stamp.

ForumRunner_20140501_193557.png

ForumRunner_20140501_193610.png

ForumRunner_20140501_193622.png

nmarz77

Feb 26, 2014
Schaumburg, IL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received a new pinpointer on Sat and took it out. So far so good this time around. The battery doesn't fit as tight and there it a lip on the cover that helps distribute pressure better on the battery.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yea as much as I probe with mine it would wear out one of those plastic tips in a week. I detect almost daily and and i am sure the the electronics in the pointer will go bad long before the tip wears out.

tebb23

Greenie
May 31, 2014
Va Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics EuroTek Pro

Arrived and has been used. Found a 1910 penny and a bunch of junk in my first hour.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had seen this thread prior to ordering my Vulcan 360. I am new to metal detecting and read a lot and watched videos on many pinpointers. I was thinking this Vulcan is new and probably has newer/better technology than some that have been around for years.... LOL @ me! This thing is junk, it feels great, but started beeping uncontrollably after about 6 trips into the field. I changed batteries and settings and it constantly beeped, unless of course I turned it off. So I purchased it on 6/11/14 and returned it on 7/7/14, I spoke with JW, advised him of the issue and he reluctantly advised me to return it at my cost. I also had a $10 off coupon which I said I want applied to my replacement pinpointer and he would not agree to that at the moment. He said basically, we'll see. Just tracked my return and it should arrive tomorrow and I will give them a call at that time. I'm thinking of upgrading to the TRX which I have read a ton of good things about.
If they won't reapply my coupon I am just going to ask for a refund and will shop elsewhere, I hate poor customer service and won't pay for it. He admitted that he has heard of this issue before and it's certainly not my fault the item was poorly made. I will post again after the dust settles, anyone have anything negative to say about the TRX before I commit to it? You can always PM me if you don't want to clutter up this post.

Tim

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My friends sent both of theirs back

I wish I had seen this thread prior to ordering my Vulcan 360. I am new to metal detecting and read a lot and watched videos on many pinpointers. I was thinking this Vulcan is new and probably has newer/better technology than some that have been around for years.... LOL @ me! This thing is junk, it feels great, but started beeping uncontrollably after about 6 trips into the field. I changed batteries and settings and it constantly beeped, unless of course I turned it off. So I purchased it on 6/11/14 and returned it on 7/7/14, I spoke with JW, advised him of the issue and he reluctantly advised me to return it at my cost. I also had a $10 off coupon which I said I want applied to my replacement pinpointer and he would not agree to that at the moment. He said basically, we'll see. Just tracked my return and it should arrive tomorrow and I will give them a call at that time. I'm thinking of upgrading to the TRX which I have read a ton of good things about.
If they won't reapply my coupon I am just going to ask for a refund and will shop elsewhere, I hate poor customer service and won't pay for it. He admitted that he has heard of this issue before and it's certainly not my fault the item was poorly made. I will post again after the dust settles, anyone have anything negative to say about the TRX before I commit to it? You can always PM me if you don't want to clutter up this post.

Tim

I have a friend and his buddy both have these and in just a few months have both had to send theirs back :(

tebb23

Greenie
May 31, 2014
Va Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics EuroTek Pro

Arrived and has been used. Found a 1910 penny and a bunch of junk in my first hour.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, I tracked my Vulcan 360 and was notified when it was returned to Kellyco. I gave them a couple hours and finally called and asked for JW who had started helping me last week. He was unavailable so I ended up talking to a guy named George Navarro, I explained what happened and George took care of replacing my returned Vulcan 360 with the TRX. He said he would take my $10 coupon and apply to the TRX and I could pay the difference, he placed me on hold for a few minutes then came back and advised I owed $40 dollars and I said you need to apply my coupon and he acted surprised that I wanted it applied. George very nicely said okay he would apply it and advised me the total would be $30 dollars. I paid and asked would he make sure it was sent out Friday, George said he's getting it out today (Thursday) and I thanked him. A short while later I got an email from George saying it was all done and got a tracking number. I got my TRX this morning, apparently George sent it two day air, which was greatly appreciated since I am going detecting tonight and tomorrow. This is the type of customer service experience that will make me shop at a company again.

RvPrepper

Feb 9, 2013
Deming,NM
Detector(s) used
White's V3i Had a Fisher as a kid but can't recall which one. Vulcan 360 Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just ordered The Vulcan 360, my Bounty Hunter pinpointed is shall we say worthless since it has to touch the target to read it, I hope the vulcan works per the video I watched on it.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions