Detector(s) used
Whites Classic IDX
Whites Coinmaster 2000
Vibra Probe 460 pinpointer
Automax Precision V2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Newbie here from central Illinois.

I have about a 10 year old White's Classic IDX with a 9.5 inch coil. I want to get a smaller coil for trashy and hunted areas and was wondering if anybody could give me some insight on what coil to look for? Anybody with an IDX and a smaller coil, how does it work? Is it worth the cost of a coil or is it time to upgrade to a new MD with a smaller coil?
Thanks

Upvote 0

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I used to own an IDX and now use an M6 as well as an MXT Pro. If the IDX still works fine, then I would just contact whites regarding which of their current coils are compatible. If you're looking to upgrade / update, I always reccomend the M6 in that price range.

Sent from my BNTV600 using TreasureNet

OP
OP
Arsoneye

Arsoneye

Tenderfoot
Feb 1, 2014
Springfield Il
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic IDX
Whites Coinmaster 2000
Vibra Probe 460 pinpointer
Automax Precision V2 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contacted Whites and they emailed me right back. Great response and help with my question and gave me info on compatible coils to research. Thanks for heads up!
Now if snow will just let up.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Contacted Whites and they emailed me right back. Great response and help with my question and gave me info on compatible coils to research. Thanks for heads up! Now if snow will just let up.

You went with the right source for that question for sure!

treasurecoasteric

Jan 6, 2014
I told you LOL - Whites is awesome ! Just call them and they'll do anything that they can to help you. Their customer service is incredible!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread