My Test Box project

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• test box 1.jpg
    test box 1.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 137
  • test box 2.jpg
    test box 2.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0

thadd

Oct 7, 2012
Huntington Beach, CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

barrybuck

Mar 31, 2013
North Alabama
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Pro Pointer and Gunrunner pin pointer mount.
Fisher F2 and Grand Master CXII
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like this idea thanks for sharing.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You could also compare different tube sample…..some with dirt, some without, and check for differences……
Likewise, you could place the same tubes in the dirt at the depth of your test unit and again monitor for differences or similarities to your test unit……
AWESOME idea keep us updated………
Vaya con Dios

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome idea! Just a suggestion...try to make a few of the tubes out of wire mesh (sample shown at the link below). That way you could tie the object, like a ring to the mesh and it would come out with the tube if it's pulled out. You can also add water to see how moisture levels effect the tests.

Welded Wire Mesh Barriers

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome idea! Just a suggestion...try to make a few of the tubes out of wire mesh (sample shown at the link below). That way you could tie the object, like a ring to the mesh and it would come out with the tube if it's pulled out. You can also add water to see how moisture levels effect the tests. Welded Wire Mesh Barriers

Wouldn't the wire mesh set the detector off?

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
â—Ź Minelab Manticore â—Ź Minelab CTX-3030 â—Ź Minelab Equinox 800 â—Ź Minelab Goldmaster 1000 â—Ź Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I meant the plastic mesh...lol. It did sound pretty dumb when I re-read it. They have a plastic mesh very similiar in rigidity to the wire stuff.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hate to be the devils advocate here but I got my first detector before the spring frost and did pretty much the same thing with just a plastic tote and dirt. Easy enough to plant target at any level, and orientation, pack the dirt, water it, change consistency. When your done dump it, pull targets shovel back in and go again. Cost $1.00 tote and dollar store, plus a few bucks for the dirt. Set up time 5min. You did one hell of a job fixin your tote up though. You must be experiencing the dreaded cabin fever as I am.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think 90% of us are i Wall around the house with my detector, pinpointer in pocket. I know where every nail is on my floors lol

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know with all the snow we've had and horribly cold temps there are a few places in town that would be worth detecting the snow itself. Parking lots at the bars, liquor stores and the grocery stores. You know there's stuff out there.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh of course theres always detecting,
Sledding spots
Snow Piles
Parking lots
Schools
Playgrounds
Its never really really over,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread