• 1860 Indian Head.jpg
    1860 Indian Head.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 215
Upvote 0

lobsterman

Jan 8, 2005
Maine
Re: Here's another oldie

looks beautiful to me and the coin looks nice too ;) . sorry i just couldn't help myself. you seem to do quite well, i was just wondering what type of MD is it that you use ?
Pat.

W

wodd

Thats an awesome find...I hope you don't mind for me asking but what model detector did you use and approx. how deep did you find your coin. I have seen a stranger detecting and I talked to him and he showed me his coins and his wasn't in as good shape as yours. Being new at this I was wondering if different soil conditions has anything to do with the coins condition. The guy that I met [and myself ] detects in central virginia...

S

sal1966

:) NICE COIN ! THE OLDEST INDIAN HEAD I'VE GOTTON IS A 188O. BUT THE OLDEST COPPER IS A 1733 BRITISH HALF CENT, 1787 FUGIO(POINTED RAYS), 1795 LIBERTY CAP, AND 1847 LARGE CENT. SORRY TO RUB IT IN :-\ . MAYBE YOU SHOULD HEAD OUT TO CONNECTICUT WHERE THERE ARE LOTS OF COLONIALS? I'VE KNOWN PEOPLE WHO HAVE FOUND PINE TREE SHILLINGS IN MASSACHUSETTS AND SOME GW BUTTONS( GEORGE WASHINTON). ;) LATER HOPE THE MXT WORKS OUT FOR YA.

PJB (Ohio)

Jan 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

free2Dtect said:
I hunt demo sites where the top soil is already removed for me.

Free, how do you locate those "Demo" sites? Do you have a city or state website that shows where work is taking place, or do you just drive around? Do you stick to municipal projects or do you include private contracting jobs? I'm interested in how you learn about these sites.

Thanks

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon

Good plan Free, but it just doesn't seem to work quite as well when you are a 53 year old disabeled grey haired fat guy. Hmm! Maybe it would help to dye my hair blonde. Spotz

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I managed the Code Enforcement program for ten years in Tulsa OK. We demolished about 110 buildings a year and left the lot slick to the dirt. Much of the time the property owners themselves didn't live in Tulsa or the property was dilapidated and had gone to a tax sale, etc. It wouldn't be unsual for there to be no none around to ask or deny permission. Contact your local city government and find out where urban renewal projects are being planned or ongoing. Just stay out of the way of the contractors until the demo work is done.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread