детектором металла

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
детектором металла

I guess we are all pretty much the same all over the world! Copy and paste детектором металла (Metal Detecting) in Russian, into Youtube!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Russia is a huge area with a long history of different cultures. There have been many invasions and wars for thousands of years there and I've seen a lot of large caches and many relics from hundreds of years back found by MD hunters there. A couple of my buddies have gone to Siberia to race iceboats and they have always had a great time and loved the guys and their families who live there and put them up while they were there. Too bad there is so much tension over political crap, making it hard for US citizens to travel there, I'd love to go over there and hunt around. Of course there is a little problem with the language barrier, but I think there are a lot more Russians who have taken the time to learn some English than there are Americans who have learned Russian. Their AKA/Sorex detectors are supposed to be pretty pretty good, and of course Ruslan makes superb sand scoops although he is in Ukraine rather than Russia proper.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I had read on one of the forums a while back, that Russia had out lawed all metal detecting????

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I thought I had read on one of the forums a while back, that Russia had out lawed all metal detecting????

Hmmm, well I guess these fellows "didn't ask enough questions of enough bureaucrats".

For that matter, I suppose if someone from Russia were getting ready to vacation or move here, and inquired ahead of a USA border consulate: "Is metal detecting legal in the USA?", he TOO might get told "no". And heck, maybe even peppered with scary sounding citations, dire warnings, etc... Why? Because perhaps whatever border lawyer he's asking is thinking in terms of ARPA, or mel fisher legal hassles, or lost & found laws, etc.... So too is it probably the case of that recent link about Russia that circulated.

If you search ANY country's laws long enough and hard enough, you might come away thinking you can't detect. But the reality is, if you aren't snooping around obvious historic monuments, or sticking to private land with permission (which is logically outside the scope of laws governing PUBLIC land), then .... well .....

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I once had a detector listed for sale on an internet classified ad. A fellow from Europe answered the ad, and wanted it. He paid up front, including shipping, so we went ahead and finished the sale via over-seas shipment. However, as we exchanged emails, my curiosity got the better of me. Because you see he was in one of the countries on this list with very dire sounding laws:

Law

I won't say which one, for fear of this getting "lost in the example". But suffice it to say, it was one where you would read their section, and come away with an essential "no".

So me, being the rabble-rouser that I am (and my curiosity getting the better of me), I linked him to that link asking: "I thought detecting was illegal in your country?" He emailed back saying that such things as I had cited only applied to federal (or public?) land, not private lands (farmer's fields with permission). And he said that ... quite frankly .... when they detect, they're so far back in the woods and forests that there's no one around, to complain, to begin with.

Garytopman

Jan 3, 2011
Moscow
Detector(s) used
AKA-Signum,Sorex Pro,Kondor.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I guess we are all pretty much the same all over the world! Copy and paste детектором металла (Metal Detecting) in Russian, into Youtube!

I agree,that people all over the world are pretty quiet the same and not only in metal detecting,in all fields of life.
That video above was made not in Russia,but in Bulgaria.I saw it and heard some russian words there also.
Here is a link of detectorisrs' meeting in Russia,near Kaluga city as I guess in 2012.There are a lot of other videos on metal detecting in Russia on YouTube.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, here is my answer to your post.... Не делайте много в России больше. В следующий раз, попытаться направить ваши поиска в Интернете, чтобы английском видео. Вы идете, мальчик! ТТК

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Terry, here is my answer to your post.... Не делайте много в России больше. В следующий раз, попытаться направить ваши поиска в Интернете, чтобы английском видео. Вы идете, мальчик! ТТК

OK, Terry. More English, less Russian in the future. :laughing7:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, Terry. More English, less Russian in the future. :laughing7:
Put GOOGLE TRANSLATE into your bookmarks so you can EFFORTLESSLY bounce back and forth with international communications. Then you can drink Dos Equis and tell everyone.... "stay thirsty, my friends". TTC

TimC

Jul 24, 2008
Gold Country, Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Various
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dated a Russian woman for awhile, and learned a bit of the language. One thing is that in the Russian language there are no words that have the "th" sound. Like THIS or THAT. Also, they do not have "a" or "an" in their language. It's proper in their language to say "I will take walk."

Last edited:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah it makes the Cold War seem not so cold. That is part of why I like treasure hunting/detecting, because we are all the same.

Ole # 7

Feb 13, 2014
Rochester Hills, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet Russian NECTER!!! I hope the Russians can't watch "Diggers"! I saw my first episode last night. When one of the boys started eating grass I almost turned it off.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting, and not to put a political spin on this, but Russian-American relations aren't exactly moving in the
"warm and fuzzy" direction lately. In spite of the recent Olympics. Putin is taking advantage of the non-existent
foreign policy and evisceration of the military.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
To Hell with politics! I will communicate with any human being regardless of which way the govn leans. TTC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread