Diggers

Tony in Virginia

Dec 14, 2012
King and Queen County Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC / FISHER GOLDBUG
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Don't mind the stupid antics so much. What is really bad for the hobby is the way every find is given a potential value that is usually extremely high.They don't keep anythig they find, because they are digging for the Archies. Notice the flags and the Archies at the end of evey episode. Makes you wonder if NatGeo isn't trying to purposely sabotage the hobby. Last I heard , the Archies hated us, so why all of the sudden are they our best buds? Anyway, if they are not trying to hurt our hobby I would hate to see it if they were.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the show, and my 8 year old son LOVES the show!!! We discovered the show last year together. He gets very little TV time so when he is interested in a show we watch it together, so I can make sure it's appropriate. It's a good, clean family show. I enjoy the finds and my son enjoys the finds also but cracks up on how they act, very entertaining. So our interest was sparked in detecting. He started with a kids $50 detector, and I let him dictate the use, as in we only went detecting if he asked, and he asked a lot! Now we both have Fisher F2's Now we have another great father/son activity to do together along with scouting, hunting, fishing, hiking, etc.. So thank you diggers, keep bringing the roundness!!!
Haters don't like to hear stories like this...glad you and your son are enjoying a new hobby.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't mind the stupid antics so much. What is really bad for the hobby is the way every find is given a potential value that is usually extremely high.They don't keep anythig they find, because they are digging for the Archies. Notice the flags and the Archies at the end of evey episode. Makes you wonder if NatGeo isn't trying to purposely sabotage the hobby. Last I heard , the Archies hated us, so why all of the sudden are they our best buds? Anyway, if they are not trying to hurt our hobby I would hate to see it if they were.
I don't find the value they put on their finds extremely high.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I was right to wonder how they 'happened ' to find that gold coin in nawlins?
That is the best thing they have found and the home owners had found a gold coin in that spot with their eyeballs, that's why they were hunting that spot...so they didn't just "happen" to find it.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another diggers thread ? Bleh. :BangHead: View attachment 950504 Don't mind me..I've never even seen the show except one downloaded show to see what the fuss was all about. If I ever degrade to the point of acting the fool like that, I'll put some roundness in my own head lol. Mike
Life is too short...act the fool sometime, you might be surprised how good it feels to loosen up.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Defending this show is so easy and sooo fun. :laughing7:

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I know I haven't been here in a while but thought I would chime in. KG and RM are my best friends and have been for many years. I have worked on a few shows with them and can certainly attest contrary to any rumors that the finds are not planted. The boys go to a site and are cut loose, each with a camera man. Not much to it, just two buddies out detecting, and yes that's how they really are in life. Go to the ATC website and buy all of the DVDs we put out before the show if you don't believe me. They have a very large following, bigger than you could possibly imagine and they still make time for the young detectorists. Not much we can do about it, they will be around for quite a while.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so I was right to wonder how they 'happened ' to find that gold coin in nawlins?
Yes if you get to see that one again, watch their reactions. They get more exited over butter knives then they did over that gold coin :laughing7:

it almost looked like they wanted everyone watching to know
it wasn't their idea to plant that

Last edited:

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The gold coin was a total fluke, they had a very small area that they had to go over before the home owners paved it over so they dug and detected the piles. They also found seated there and a large cent. They got to keep the gold.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is on one of their breaks from the show

Attachments

• image-4185794447.jpg
    image-4185794447.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 152

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So is this.

Attachments

• image-3227947719.jpg
    image-3227947719.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 142

Rick James

Feb 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I haven't been here in a while but thought I would chime in. KG and RM are my best friends and have been for many years. I have worked on a few shows with them and can certainly attest contrary to any rumors that the finds are not planted. The boys go to a site and are cut loose, each with a camera man. Not much to it, just two buddies out detecting, and yes that's how they really are in life. Go to the ATC website and buy all of the DVDs we put out before the show if you don't believe me. They have a very large following, bigger than you could possibly imagine and they still make time for the young detectorists. Not much we can do about it, they will be around for quite a while.

Thank you for shedding some light on how those guys are outside of the show. So many people around here are negative about the show its ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure, but if you don't like something, go post a response in a thread about something you like, instead of hatemongering here! I bet KG and Ringy are a blast to hang out with. I'm looking forward to the new season, I believe tomorrow night?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for shedding some light on how those guys are outside of the show. So many people around here are negative about the show its ridiculous. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, sure, but if you don't like something, go post a response in a thread about something you like, instead of hatemongering here! I bet KG and Ringy are a blast to hang out with. I'm looking forward to the new season, I believe tomorrow night?

tonight :thumbsup:it is Tuesday here for over an hour now :laughing7:

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They are just as crazy off set ( not g rated ) lol new season starts tomorrow night and already talking about next season.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once again, everyone is free to change the channel and watch C-span, no one tries to be funny on that channel.

kg, ringy.jpg

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Its not about hate...it is about perception, and that is the bad word. Since the world nowadays judges everybody they see, acting like a nutcase, will make your typical john q. Public person quick to stereo type and lump all others in the same way.
Now that said, I only watched one episode, but the one I watched, was at some old mansion with a manicured lawn, and the guys were making horrible looking craters to pop coins!!.
Now say some person sees that show that's never seen a metal detecting hobbyist before and is shocked by the mess of that lawn..how well do you think I would do asking permission to detect their lawn, when all they know is seeing that show that I watched ??..I'll tell you how it will go..buh bye..sorry.
No point in explaining, or trying to that I can pop coins at 8 inches using nothing more than a screwdriver and a small slit in the soil.

So yeah, to go on TV and try to be stewards to the hobby/lifestyle that I have loved since the mid 70's and act like that, and dig craters like that..they should be ashamed!!!
This is just my opinion, but after all these years in the hobby, I feel the right to share it, since I have witnessed first hand what happens with perception of a bad apple digging craters..as in almost everywhere is closed to our hobby now.

Mike

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They act like they been metal detecting for years and the one show he says its the first large cent he has ever found, I detected for four years and have four large cents now. They are pretty new to it or are really bad at it, I think its both because of some of the places they get to detect and I find more stuff at one old farm house and I've only detected in Indiana.

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's the same every year when they start the new season. Some people love it, some hate it. It's all good, they are just riding this fun train till the end it's a great opportunity they were afforded, now the average person isn't knowledgeable in this field so I'm sure they aren't looking at how the lawn looks, or how to use proper detecting etiquette. They are just watching two crazy ass dudes digging up cool stuff. There have been treasure hunting shows since the 1990's and the hobby is still here not lost forever. Just watch and enjoy, or don't watch and enjoy. I and for the record I was the only ATC member that has ever found a large cent before the show (1857) we have a rule among us 4 Tim and George can't count the stuff they find on the show as ATC finds because they wouldn't normally have the opportunity to dig those kinds of things. Montana is not a very old state so finding something from 1850's is a real big deal here.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread