Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
huh?

Please tell me you're joking. A pix of a lake where people used to swim ? I can point at ANY spot on that pix, and when you turn on the detector to pinpoint, guess what? The detector will beep on metal. Gasp. For that matter, go to anywhere people used to congegrate, turn on a metal detector, and guess what? Metal.

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are in the wrong area. Go to the dowsing forum and there are kind people there that will dowse it for you.
Personally I don't believe in it. I do believe is possible there are some people that can analyze a photo like a ghost whisperer can guess the name of your dearly departed.
Or a thief can pick a cop out a line up of ordinary looking people.

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Do you actually think someone can tell where buried jewelry is by looking at a picture? These people would be billionaires overnight by surfing Google Earth.

TallTom

Mar 3, 2012
So. Calif.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Makro Racer, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Sand Shark.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey, maybe this is how Bill Gates and Warren Buffett REALLY made their money.

jcCALIF

Jun 13, 2012
Yorba Linda
Detector(s) used
TDI PRO, VX3, Surfmaster PI PRO, TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening hight1hunter,

In reference to pic2, I get a silver hit on the tree line from running from right to left. Imagine that tree line pictorially as a "boot," search the entire lower area of the "boot." I lot of times I think dowsing indications are just a reflection of your higher instinct. Therefore, go with that 1st mental instinct when approaching a new area.

Happy Hunting!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice save jcCALIF !

OP
OP
hightonehunter

hightonehunter

Oct 21, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Elite 2200( First Texas ), Garrett pro pointer,
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you. I've caught a lot of flack about posting this. I'm on the fence about dowsing, but keep an open mind about it. It wasn't that long ago that people said that there would be no way to find metal objects in the ground by waving a coil above it. Now days the detectors have gotten so good that a educated detectorist with a good detector can even tell what's there before they even dig! I really hate it when people that say they love this hobby and have many years experience feel they have nothing better to do than ridicule new people instead of educating them. If this hobby is to continue growing we need the more experienced members here educating us new people to make the hobby stronger , not making fun of them for trying new things. Sorry for the rant but I joined TN to learn not to be made fun of for trying to learn..............David

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions