Back from a break!

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, it's been several weeks since I've been on the forum... I got caught up in spending time with family and also with a bunch of fabrication projects in the shop. I don't usually detect this time of year because I'm a sissy and even our tame Texas winters suck in my book.

Today I headed to the next town over to pick up a drop of railroad rail I had turned into the machine shop for a good Blanchard grind.

I figured since I was heading that way, I'd FINALLY take the small pile of silver and gold jewelry to the gold buyer. The places I hunt are typically rural and undeveloped...but OCCASIONALLY I come up with gold or silver while relic hunting... I bring it home, throw it in a crown royal bag, and generally forget about it.

So, I did my homework - found today's prices and ran it all across the scale prior to stopping in.

And I had a great experience! 20 minutes after I walked in, I walked out with $300. They paid dead on spot price- and I will certainly be using them again the next time I'm sitting on a stash.

Upvote 0

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't you love it, we get paid to do something we love doing, MD'ing!
Nice return on your finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread